The Student Room Group

Exam question- Superpowers A level EDEXCEL

Can someone please help me with this question- Assess the changing relationships between existing & merging superpowers
Original post by EllaM123456
Can someone please help me with this question- Assess the changing relationships between existing & merging superpowers

Do you mean emerging?
Reply 2
Yes sorry !!
Yes sorry !!

You could talk about counterfeit goods in China and how that ruins ties with USA
China's rapidly advancing economy is soon set to overtake USA
China and India are set to become the next big superpowers
India is afraid of China due to its large military and territorial disputes
Russia is against the EU and the West

Hope this helps a bit
Reply 4
Thank you so much
Reply 5
Do you think it’s worth mentioning the relationship between China & Africa & whether its neo-colonial or not? Or helping them develop eg infrastructure
Thank you so much

No problem, I have no idea what i'm doing for geography and no idea how to revise. Do you have any tips?
Do you think it’s worth mentioning the relationship between China & Africa & whether its neo-colonial or not? Or helping them develop eg infrastructure

I was thinking that but Africa isn't really a superpower so i'm not sure

Hi, you could talk about how it causes tensions between the West and China as there are concerns that China is gaining too much political influence in African nations through their investments into Africa's infrastructure etc. This in turn threatens Western superpower nations from, for example, importing raw resources from these African nations as African nations may opt to trade with China instead. That's just one example. Hope this helps. :smile:
Original post by YummyCailer
Do you mean emerging?

Look at FDI- China in Africa The Mckinsey report . TNCs influence in emerging economies. Access to natural eg Mozambique resources and the challenges= Corruption/conflict/different players with fingers in the pie
Original post by YummyCailer
I was thinking that but Africa isn't really a superpower so i'm not sure

China is and Africa has lots of potential NEEs. China has invested huge amounts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending