The Student Room Group

AQA A Level English Literature & Language Study Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by bluebells1
WAIT YOU COULD CHOOSE THE LIT TEXT FOR YOUR COURSEWORK?
My school is making us do Great expectations and I HATE IT 😂😂

Oh well!
I'm also doing Duffy, handmaids, kite runner, Paris and streetcar

They probably choose it because it would be easier for them to help you all and Mark it
I'm doing Paris, Streetcar, Handmaid's, Robert Browning poetry and Kite Runner.

Does anyone have any good resources?:smile:
Original post by Pareet_b
I love street car, for my coursework I got 42/50 I did 1984 and compared it to north korea

Omggggg please share your coursework if possible ?? I’m doing streetcar but only get 12/25 for those essays and for my coursework I got 36 what grade even is that ???
Im doing Death of a salesman, Othello, Keats, Kite Runner and Blake (Songs of Experience and Innocence)
Original post by Samee Aslam
Im doing Death of a salesman, Othello, Keats, Kite Runner and Blake (Songs of Experience and Innocence)

Wait is that for the combined English Lang and Lit A Level? I'm confused as I've never seen anyone doing those before for it x (just to let you know this is a study group for lang/lit, not lit if that's what you take but best of luck anyway xx)
Ah, this is just A-Level English Lit
Hey! im in yr12
im doing this

The first year involves the study of the following:
An anthology of non-fiction texts including both spoken and written texts.
Tennessee Williams’ ‘A Street Car Named Desire’ Drama
William Blake An anthology of 15 poems
NEA (coursework) Creative writing of non-fiction texts

The second year will include:
Comparative NEA (coursework) comparing Truman Capote’s ‘In Cold Blood’with a post 2000 non- fiction text of your choice.
F Scott Fitzgerald’s ‘The Great Gatsby’
Creative writing of fiction.
Original post by unillama
Hey! im in yr12
im doing this

Comparative NEA (coursework) comparing Truman Capote’s ‘In Cold Blood’with a post 2000 non- fiction text of your choice.

Oh gosh so you do TWO courseworks??? Which exam board are you? I think everyone hrre including me is aqa x
Hey! im in yr12
im doing this

Im also doing Blake :smile:
Original post by bluebells1
Oh gosh so you do TWO courseworks??? Which exam board are you? I think everyone hrre including me is aqa x

if im not wrong, OCR, and yeh we just did the draft for the NEA, thats worth like 8% of your final grade but its calm.
idk about second year exactly, guess ill just have to wait and see ahaha!!
if im not wrong, OCR, and yeh we just did the draft for the NEA, thats worth like 8% of your final grade but its calm.
idk about second year exactly, guess ill just have to wait and see ahaha!!

OCR spec seems so much nicer aha, well good luck! So with your spec, I'm guessing it's similar like for the fiction texts you have integrated linguistic and literary analysis, I. E. having to comment on something like parallel phrasing or syndetic listing as well as metaphor, juxtaposition etc?

I'm wondering what second year is like for AQAspec as we've covered Handmaids Tale, bits of coursework, our Paris non-fic anthology and Duffy poetry. I know we do Streetcar next year as well as the recreative writing for Kite Runner, but do you think with drama texts it's gonna be linguistic analysis plus literary and drama terminology?

Gonna be so much to write about in the exam, and our teacher is obsessed with context - my hand falls off!!
Reply 31
Original post by Christmas17
Omggggg please share your coursework if possible ?? I’m doing streetcar but only get 12/25 for those essays and for my coursework I got 36 what grade even is that ???

There are some examples of coursework on the AQA website, and you can look at last years grade boundaries to see what grade it might be
anyone have any predictions for this year's Duffy AS? And Handmaid's Tale?
I'm going to go ahead and give this thread a bump :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest