The Student Room Group

French speaking advice and revision tips

Hi guys, I’m doing my french speaking gcse (higher) on Thursday and I’m really anxious about it and I was wondering if any of you have done one and have any tips for me? Like how to revise or what to do when you’re in the room.
Thank you!!
I had my German a few days ago and trust me the minute you start speaking all of the nerves go away. I almost forgot that I was in an exam, the teacher was so supportive! I have my french next week as well, and just be calm and have faith in yourself. I know this sounds cheesy, but if you feel like you are about to blank, concentrate on your breathing, or how you are sitting and then it should come to you. Now I sound like a yoga teacher lol 😂. Good luck!
Je parle un peu le français :smile:
Hey! I have mine then too, but I'm ready for it. I really recommend just going over your answers (if you have already prepared them - I have) & make sure you remember the question you're going to ask your teacher. Good luck xx
Reply 4
Original post by twilightdreamer
Hey! I have mine then too, but I'm ready for it. I really recommend just going over your answers (if you have already prepared them - I have) & make sure you remember the question you're going to ask your teacher. Good luck xx

How did you know what to prepare and what have you prepared? Good luck to you too x
Reply 5
Original post by Poliorketes
Je parle un peu le français :smile:

Très bien!
Reply 6
Original post by generallypuzzled
I had my German a few days ago and trust me the minute you start speaking all of the nerves go away. I almost forgot that I was in an exam, the teacher was so supportive! I have my french next week as well, and just be calm and have faith in yourself. I know this sounds cheesy, but if you feel like you are about to blank, concentrate on your breathing, or how you are sitting and then it should come to you. Now I sound like a yoga teacher lol 😂. Good luck!

What stuff did you do to prepare??
Original post by ecarter02
Très bien!

Est-ce que tu sais dire anticonstitutionnellement?
Reply 8
Non! Je ne sais pas ce mot!
How did you know what to prepare and what have you prepared? Good luck to you too x

We were given questions from each theme and so were made answers for all of them. But we have modules within the themes and we got to choose one module to definitely get asked and then another random one gets asked

I'd love if we could revise French together- you know practice through texts or something?
Reply 10
Yeh that’d be good! We got given booklets with sample questions, what exam board are you?
What stuff did you do to prepare??

I didn't memorise my answers word for word because that would be time consuming but I remembered the key points/words and the sentence would just form itself. Also asked my friends to test me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending