The Student Room Group

2018 gcse poetry macbeth inspector calls prediction

Just for discussion I wanted to know others predictions on this years exams.
-- Inspector calls i think the theme will be gender inequality
-- Macbeth i have a feeling it is going to one of lady Macbeth soliloquies or when she goes crazy or something
-- Poetry i think its gonna be something like London or tissue (power of man)

idk these are just my guesses
(edited 5 years ago)
Inspector calls - difference with class inequality

Macbeth - lady Macbeth soliloquy

Poetry - maybe exposure (power of nature)
Original post by Walker16
Inspector calls - difference with class inequality

Macbeth - lady Macbeth soliloquy

Poetry - maybe exposure (power of nature)

I took in consideration that next year is the 100th anniversary on females rights or something like that. so i really do this inequality of gender or how lady Macbeth dominates Macbeth is going to be one of the Qs. Given that it was bayonet charge last year i think its unlikely to be exposure, although it presents power of nature it has the theme of war in it. But i can see why you would think that.
Original post by sadz1234567
I took in consideration that next year is the 100th anniversary on females rights or something like that. so i really do this inequality of gender or how lady Macbeth dominates Macbeth is going to be one of the Qs. Given that it was bayonet charge last year i think its unlikely to be exposure, although it presents power of nature it has the theme of war in it. But i can see why you would think that.

Yh might be about females actually
Reply 4
Don't think it will be Lady Macbeth as there was a specimen question on her if I recall correctly. I think it will be guilt or the supernatural. As for AIC I think the theme will be responsibility and the character Eric or Gerald. I think the poem will be Storm on The Island, Ozymandias or London as I don't think they're gonna put one of the really challenging ones like Tissue on the exam yet since it's only the second year of new spec, but I don't think they'll do a war poem two years in a row.
Yh i think it will be a theme for Inspector calls and macbeth i think Banquo or Macduff.
Poetry I think it will be tissue
Original post by nadia23432554
Yh i think it will be a theme for Inspector calls and macbeth i think Banquo or Macduff.
Poetry I think it will be tissue

Oh God I don't know what I'd write if it was Banquo or Macduff
I'm pretty sure last years was lady macbeth as evil. i am hoping its Macbeth and Power? Idk tho
Original post by gracemcallister2
I'm pretty sure last years was lady macbeth as evil. i am hoping its Macbeth and Power? Idk tho

yh last year was LM so I believe it will be about Macbeth

Why does everyone think Lady Macbeth and that would be act 3, scene 4 i reckon if it's about domination??1?
Original post by BT144
Why does everyone think Lady Macbeth and that would be act 3, scene 4 i reckon if it's about domination??1?

And what theme would likely to come up?
relationship between macbeth and LM ???
Just for discussion I wanted to know others predictions on this years exams.
-- Inspector calls i think the theme will be gender inequality
-- Macbeth i have a feeling it is going to one of lady Macbeth soliloquies or when she goes crazy or something
-- Poetry i think its gonna be something like London or tissue (power of man)

idk these are just my guesses

why would it be lady macbeth AGAIN? it was her last year...
Hi there :wavey:
I've moved your thread to the English exams and study help forum where hopefully you'll get more answers :smile: In future, it's best to select the subject from the list here and create a thread in there instead :yep: If you want to see where threads belong, check out this thread :smile:
I think for An inspector calls its either Eva Smith or Gerald (for the character) and for theme maybe gender.
I prefer the theme question than character.
i hope you prepared!

well!

Original post by UnknownSnowFlake
Oh God I don't know what I'd write if it was Banquo or Macduff
Original post by asdfgkillmenow
i hope you prepared!

well!

Yeah I did a supernatural essay and I had one paragraph on Banquo so that helped a bit. Did you do the exam too? If you did, how did you find it?
Original post by UnknownSnowFlake
Yeah I did a supernatural essay and I had one paragraph on Banquo so that helped a bit. Did you do the exam too? If you did, how did you find it?

I thought it went really well, i was really pleased! But I chose the inspector calls question on Eric and it was harddddddddd ugh hbu?
Original post by asdfgkillmenow
I thought it went really well, i was really pleased! But I chose the inspector calls question on Eric and it was harddddddddd ugh hbu?

I don't do inspector calls although it seems so good. I do DNA and that was okay. How was your poetry question? Did you do power and conflict?

Quick Reply

Latest