The Student Room Group

Black defendant dies in court after white judge denied her medicines

Sorry for the daily fail link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5643311/Judge-resigns-berating-breathless-defendant-wheelchair-court-DIES-three-days-later.html

People wonder why African Americans distrust the legal system, when this is how it treats them? smh

Scroll to see replies

Why add the black in the title? lol What does it matter what race they were?
Original post by Radioactivedecay
Why add the black in the title? lol What does it matter what race they were?

You think she'd have treated a white girl the same? Nope. Racism is heavily institutionalized in the US.
this world is ****

bring on the zombie apocalypse i say
Original post by AngeryPenguin
You think she'd have treated a white girl the same? Nope. Racism is heavily institutionalized in the US.

You dont know that, so stop linking every bad thing that happens to a coloured person to racism alright? you just sound like a moron.
Reply 5
Aww here we go making it all about race. What the judge did was *****y but my god calm down with race thing.
You dont know that

There is reams and reams of stats that say otherwise
Everywhere you look on TSR you find race baiters
Original post by Just my opinion
Everywhere you look on TSR you find race baiters

and it would ****ing wind me right up if op isnt even black.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
There is reams and reams of stats that say otherwise

I'm talking about this case in particular, which OP assumes to be race related when he doesnt know that, the judge is just probably an evil person.
Original post by Bang Outta Order

I'm not black. Why should only black people be worried about racism in the US?
Reply 11

Sorry for the daily fail link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5643311/Judge-resigns-berating-breathless-defendant-wheelchair-court-DIES-three-days-later.html

People wonder why African Americans distrust the legal system, when this is how it treats them? smh

There's no evidence here that this is racism - they don't even mention the races of the judge or defendant in your own article :rofl: The event itself is terrible, and I feel for the family and what the judge did was rude and belittling, but the racial aspect of this is a non-issue.
I'm talking about this case in particular, which OP assumes to be race related when he doesnt know that, the judge is just probably an evil person.

Given the nature of the US you don;t have to take much of a leap of faith to say that racism plays a part in this instance. It would be more suprising if it didn't.
(edited 5 years ago)

No you wouldn't. Race bias is a real thing.
I'm not black. Why should only black people be worried about racism in the US?

when did I say only? Im discussing race baiting. As I responded to someone who said you're doing it. And it would wind me up if you're race baiting and white because at least if you're black you're concerned about your livelihood. A white race baiter is nothing but ****ing trouble cos you get people upset about what you're saying because it's fallaciously on behalf of a group of people that have **** all to do with you. Instigating basically.
Original post by k.n.h.
There's no evidence here that this is racism - they don't even mention the races of the judge or defendant in your own article :rofl: The event itself is terrible, and I feel for the family and what the judge did was rude and belittling, but the racial aspect of this is a non-issue.

I like your Profile picture btw.

Have you not read the article though? The images/video is pretty clear.
I don't think it was race-motivated (I hope not), but the judge was a *****
Original post by Haviland-Tuf
No you wouldn't. Race bias is a real thing.

No I wouldnt what? When did I say I'd do anything...?
Anyway Im gonna look up this woman, look for mugshots and criminal history, should take two minutes. She was a defendant after all meaning a criminal. I mean this wouldnt have happened if she wasnt even in court for crime. That being said the judge should do time regardless if she is dodging by resigning.
when did I say only? Im discussing race baiting. As I responded to someone who said you're doing it. And it would wind me up if you're race baiting and white because at least if you're black you're concerned about your livelihood. A white race baiter is nothing but ****ing trouble cos you get people upset about what you're saying because it's fallaciously on behalf of a group of people that have **** all to do with you. Instigating basically.

You're wrong on so many levels. You're basically saying that white people can't be or shouldn't be allies to minorities because they are selling other white people out lol are you 12

It is very telling that you're more concerned about people race baiting than the actual topic.

She was a defendant after all meaning a criminal.

:facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending