The Student Room Group

Got 350+ likes on tinder within 2 hours. Is this normal?

Hello guys,
So I downloaded tinder today (because I barely have a dating life lmao), and within 2 hours of using the app around 300 guys have 'liked' my profile.

I just want to know if this is common thing for tinder users because it's making me nervous (I don't do well with male attention, plus I'm still trying to find my way with the app so this issue feels like extra baggage to try to handle)

Btw, I brought the tinder gold pack so that's how I know how many likes I've gotten (edit: is it really a nooby/loser thing to buy a gold pack on tinder? I just brought it out of curiosity, not to boost any likes or anything)
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

This attempt at boasting could've been a tad bit more subtle.
Original post by DeepMeaning
Btw, I brought the tinder gold pack so that's how I know how many likes I've gotten.

Was almost a brag until you admitted to paying for dating apps.
That explains it. Tinder is basically promoting you so that much should be expected. If it was without paying anything, then it might be something.
If you're hot then yeah its VERY normal!

my friend is pretty attractive, she uploaded a few pics and very little information about herself and the next day had over a thousand likes... i was jelly as hell!
Original post by Anonymous
This attempt at boasting could've been a tad bit more subtle.

I swear I'm not boasting, I'm not that type of person 😭. I just need some guidance to see if this type of thing is normal/legit because I dont know anything about tinder.
You paid.....

Spoiler

Original post by Retired_Messiah
Was almost a brag until you admitted to paying for dating apps.

Oh so if you buy the packs = profile is more prominent?
you'd be surprised how many average if not unattractive females get loads of attention on line especially on tinder where desperados roam

if it were instagram then id be floored cos it's not primarily about hooking up but business networking

nowt to see here
[scrollr]:eek2:[/scrollr]

u is shameful uhgen
Original post by WEASEL espinoza
You paid.....

Spoiler

Well I got tempted because the app told me that I had 10 'likes' when I started using it and I wanted to find out who it was, so I paid. From the looks of it though I'd really regret this decision 😓.
Reply 11
paying for Tinder as a girl when it's basically a given you will match with anyone you swipe right on
wot

and howd you do that, doesnt it take a year to change ur name. Not that I wanna. Just has it been a yr already ? :shakecane:
Tinder: average becthes get poured with male attention which leads to a hyper-inflated opinion of themselves and they become undateable.
Original post by GUMI
paying for Tinder as a girl when it's basically a given you will match with anyone you swipe right on

Lmao yeah after the month gold pack that I brought has expired then I'm not even going to consider purchasing anything from there.
From a societal perspective, Tinder is where average women go to get validated by hundreds of desperate men, all wanting one thing.
Original post by DeepMeaning
Oh so if you buy the packs = profile is more prominent?

Probably. Also if you're a girl that just means more immediately 'cause tinder guys are very lenient.
Original post by Anonymous
Tinder: average becthes get poured with male attention which leads to a hyper-inflated opinion of themselves and they become undateable.

But I'm definitely not like that. Why do you guys think that I'm bragging?! 😓
you asked a mod :nothing:
why'd you change it back..i acc like this better though lol
Standard for females.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending