The Student Room Group

studying abroad in the uk (best nightlife)

Hey guys,

I might study abroad in the UK. Currently, I'm still deciding which uni. I only care about Social Life (I'm really into clubbing and getting drunk).

My choices include:

- Aston University
- Durham University
- Lancaster University
- Nottingham Trent University
- The University of Hull
- The University of Strathclyde
- University of Bath
- University of Exeter

Which one should I choose?
Reply 1
Maybe you should get your priorities straight and care about the actual education you’ll receive. It’s all well and good enjoying the social aspect of uni and going out but at the end of the day you’re paying for a degree. If you only want to go out don’t waste your money paying uni fees just take a gap year and enjoy yourself and come back ready to receive an education and work for your degree. Everyone wants to have a good time at uni and it’s fair enough asking which unis have good nightlife but it shouldn’t be the ‘only’ thing you care about.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
It's only for one semester. I will receive my full bachelor's degree at my home university in continental Europe. Therefore my main criteria is social life
Original post by Bermuda
Maybe you should get your priorities straight and care about the actual education you’ll receive. It’s all well and good enjoying the social aspect of uni and going out but at the end of the day you’re paying for a degree. If you only want to go out don’t waste your money paying uni fees just take a gap year and enjoy yourself and come back ready to receive an education and work for your degree. Everyone wants to have a good time at uni and it’s fair enough asking which unis have good nightlife but it shouldn’t be the ‘only’ thing you care about.

Original post by monkey0110
It's only for one semester. I will receive my full bachelor's degree at my home university in continental Europe. Therefore my main criteria is social life

He has his priorities straight. I love it.

OP you should go with Durham, Bath or Exeter, best nightlife. Avoid rough places. Best of luck bro.
Reply 4
Original post by Mill Hill
OP you should go with Durham, Bath or Exeter, best nightlife.

U sure?

https://university.which.co.uk/advice/student-life/top-unis-for-nightlife-which-university-student-survey
Original post by monkey0110
Hey guys,

I might study abroad in the UK. Currently, I'm still deciding which uni. I only care about Social Life (I'm really into clubbing and getting drunk).

My choices include:

- Aston University
- Durham University
- Lancaster University
- Nottingham Trent University
- The University of Hull
- The University of Strathclyde
- University of Bath
- University of Exeter

Which one should I choose?

Some of those unis have very different entry requirements, so you really need to think about what you want to take from uni.

But if we were to just look at the social side:

Nottingham is a great city for social life.

The rest are farly poor. Durham is in the middle of nowhere, everyone in bath goes to bristol for nights out and Exeter is pretty weak too. Not sure about the others but if you really want a good nightlife:
- Bristol
- Manchester
- Birmingham
- Nottingham
- Leeds
Reply 6
Original post by frankabagnale
Some of those unis have very different entry requirements, so you really need to think about what you want to take from uni.

But if we were to just look at the social side:

Nottingham is a great city for social life.

The rest are farly poor. Durham is in the middle of nowhere, everyone in bath goes to bristol for nights out and Exeter is pretty weak too. Not sure about the others but if you really want a good nightlife:
- Bristol
- Manchester
- Birmingham
- Nottingham
- Leeds

Missing Newcastle, Glasgow, Liverpool, etc (basically any large city...)
He has his priorities straight. I love it.

OP you should go with Durham, Bath or Exeter, best nightlife. Avoid rough places. Best of luck bro.

Bath? Are you ****ing high.....

Not sure.

While I am sure about the benefits of fraternities (which by the way I am happy to debate with you further, I am ready to go), I was not sure about this. Other places just seemed a little rough. I should have added Nottingham.

Original post by Doonesbury
Missing Newcastle, Glasgow, Liverpool, etc (basically any large city...)

Yes, out of these, Newcastle would be on my list. Would you say that Glasgow and Liverpool are good places to go?
Reply 9
While I am sure about the benefits of fraternities (which by the way I am happy to debate with you further, I am ready to go)

Then create a thread about it in University life :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending