The Student Room Group

Should men give birth to babies?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jesschantellexxx
So u having the child is an option!

Some women get pregnant n then find out the baby is in the wrong position in the womb so it has to be aborted. I'm no doctor but I know pregnancy isn't for every woman. Theres plenty of single dads or dads that take over the traditional womans role of being a house husband as opposed to being a housewife.

It's an option after everything else, and still with hesitation because it would somehow require the northern to be too physically weak to interact with the kids yet it still be a good idea to have kids. That's not necessarily the primary caregiver staying at home, but even if you aren't you'd still need to pick them up and stuff - who thinks it's a good idea to have kids if you know you won't be able to hold them? :/
Unless they pay for their own surgery, hell no. No public money for this shyte.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Bang Outta Order
how can you sleep after reading this?

This comment's underrated :tongue:
This is a joke right? I mean it is not worth the effort, money and pain it would take for it to happen. People hate others for playing God and this is probably one of the worst examples of playing God. Why change something that naturally works and which has happened since the dawn of humanity.
Original post by ANM775
A mans job is to impregnate and then provide resources for the mother and child...not impregnate then have major life changing surgery, carry the thing to term, then give birth to it ...whilst the woman sits back eating nachos gloating to her girlfriends about having no morning sickness/swollen feet, and how she used new age feminism to force her cuck of a husband to do what women are built to do..

It's quite evident that these new surgeries are used to benefit trans women who may wish to be able to carry a child. But these procedures are unnecessarily expensive and dangerous to carry out on the regular especially when we have a far more efficient system that does not have all these complications to it.
Freaky ****

Will they **** the baby out? Sounds like Nazi Dr Mengeleesque experiments ****ing hell
It would be cool if those who wanted to had the ability to. I don’t know if I’d say men ’’should’’ exactly, because that sounds like a prescriptive statement for men in general.
Original post by Andrew97
The actual did I just read. Just let biology do it’s thing.

The last hundred years has been a story of technology triumphing over biology, and it has been fantastic. If we had just let biology do its thing, you’d probably be dead of smallpox.

I don’t accept the ’’it’s not natural’’ argument, but I am still not enamoured with the idea of pouring resources into allowing men to give birth. Somehow I doubt there’s going to be very much demand.
Incidentally, The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula LeGuin is an amazing book that sort of touches on this subject. Kind of. You should read it
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Incidentally, The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula LeGuin is an amazing book that sort of touches on this subject. Kind of. You should read it

This too.
We already have enough of them without both genders reproducing.
ultimately the entire future is biological and in time we will do away with electronics entirely in favour of biological tech.
we will also in time turn to genetic engineering until we become a hive insect like species with many different species dna manipulated into a greater specieis similiar to that of something like the zerg from starcraft.

so eventually male and female really wont mean much and for once there really will be more then 2 genders. but this is likely way in the future if we survive long enough. in principle i have nothing against a man giving birth to a baby if or when this becomes possible.

however my concerns are who pays or this? the NHS? I dont think we should be spending our taxes on such things when we have such a shortfall now if these people can fund it themselves then this is no longer an argument if they are going private out of their own pocket.

my next concern would be health concerns and the rights of the potential child etc, eg whilst im sure once we are sufficiently advanced such things will be possible but are really at the stage where we would be competent to do this without significant side effects? that may or may not have greater negative effects on society at large?

at some point we will gain the ability to go beyond nature and shape it into literally whatever we desire however, i believe this is a long way off and am a bit concerned about jumping the gun before we fully know what we are doing.
what's wrong with adopting?
Original post by monkeyman0121
This is a joke right? I mean it is not worth the effort, money and pain it would take for it to happen. People hate others for playing God and this is probably one of the worst examples of playing God. Why change something that naturally works and which has happened since the dawn of humanity.

Trans male to female? She might want her own kid after transitioning
Original post by SMEGGGY
Freaky ****

Will they **** the baby out? Sounds like Nazi Dr Mengeleesque experiments ****ing hell

C-section!
Original post by anosmianAcrimony

I'll check it out, thanks!
They already can (trans men)
I think we should produce babies in a factory to BSC standards
Original post by jesschantellexxx
Trans male to female? She might want her own kid after transitioning

What is wrong with adopting? I mean the world is becoming overpopulated as is, I would not mind adopting.
Original post by Luke7456
ultimately the entire future is biological and in time we will do away with electronics entirely in favour of biological tech.
we will also in time turn to genetic engineering until we become a hive insect like species with many different species dna manipulated into a greater specieis similiar to that of something like the zerg from starcraft.

so eventually male and female really wont mean much and for once there really will be more then 2 genders. but this is likely way in the future if we survive long enough. in principle i have nothing against a man giving birth to a baby if or when this becomes possible.

however my concerns are who pays or this? the NHS? I dont think we should be spending our taxes on such things when we have such a shortfall now if these people can fund it themselves then this is no longer an argument if they are going private out of their own pocket.

my next concern would be health concerns and the rights of the potential child etc, eg whilst im sure once we are sufficiently advanced such things will be possible but are really at the stage where we would be competent to do this without significant side effects? that may or may not have greater negative effects on society at large?

at some point we will gain the ability to go beyond nature and shape it into literally whatever we desire however, i believe this is a long way off and am a bit concerned about jumping the gun before we fully know what we are doing.

It would probably only be offered privately and at the mans own risk. I think if successful it would cause a huge shift in the way we think of the roles of men, women and aliens in society.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending