The Student Room Group

Beware- model lab/ visual studios also known as kube & studio collective-scam!!!!!!!!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! SCAM!!!!!!

Just wanted to warn anyone else who has been to this disgusting company or are thinking about it. They are a huge SCAM and are taking thousands of pounds off innocent people.

I recently was scammed by these "portfolio professionals" at Kube Studios. I spent Β£2000 there and received absolutely nothing from them. When ever you call them you can never get through. I was promised the world including being the next big thing in the modelling industry. They make you feel amazing on the day and then you hear nothing from them.

I spoke to a friend, who complained about spending Β£1500 and received nothing, but they visited Visual Studios. After doing some research into them I found out they are all the same company all under different names. The Model Lab, Visual Studios, The Studio Collective and Kube.

I then saw that Kube were on watchdog due to them scamming innocent people. I've put the link below so you can see these people for who they really are.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2DJ6GCxl7JWHd08jZMb4kSG/kube-studios

The Studio Collective, another name they go by, were also in The Guardian who also described it as a "scam". I've attached the link to this also.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/dec/18/modelling-agencies-platforms-scam-studio-collective

They were then exposed a year before by BBC's Rogue Traders confirming that they what they do and say is a lie.

How this company is still going makes me feel sick. If any of these "agencies" or "modelling platforms for beginners" contacts you and tells you that they want to give you a 'free shoot' and that you're gonna be the next big thing, then stay away they are nothing but a SCAM!
Original post by mcmax24
stay away from this company! Scam!!!!!!

Just wanted to warn anyone else who has been to this disgusting company or are thinking about it. They are a huge scam and are taking thousands of pounds off innocent people.

I recently was scammed by these "portfolio professionals" at kube studios. I spent Β£2000 there and received absolutely nothing from them. When ever you call them you can never get through. I was promised the world including being the next big thing in the modelling industry. They make you feel amazing on the day and then you hear nothing from them.

I spoke to a friend, who complained about spending Β£1500 and received nothing, but they visited visual studios. After doing some research into them i found out they are all the same company all under different names. The model lab, visual studios, the studio collective and kube.

I then saw that kube were on watchdog due to them scamming innocent people. I've put the link below so you can see these people for who they really are.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2dj6gcxl7jwhd08jzmb4ksg/kube-studios

the studio collective, another name they go by, were also in the guardian who also described it as a "scam". I've attached the link to this also.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/dec/18/modelling-agencies-platforms-scam-studio-collective

they were then exposed a year before by bbc's rogue traders confirming that they what they do and say is a lie.

How this company is still going makes me feel sick. If any of these "agencies" or "modelling platforms for beginners" contacts you and tells you that they want to give you a 'free shoot' and that you're gonna be the next big thing, then stay away they are nothing but a scam!

lets go to the stdio and get our money

visual studios you lied to me and my mum

i want my money back you scammers
Reply 2
I just want to ask is this the same model lab in our Oxford Circus because if it is I've got an appointment there next week for my 4 year old daughter..
Reply 3
I just want to ask is this the same model lab in our Oxford Circus because if it is I've got an appointment there next week for my 4 year old daughter..
All scamers as far as I am concerned. Just wish there was a way to avoid payment without affecting credit. I was there a few days ago, there was red flags if someone was there with me I would have noticed it was sketchy from the start. Just wish I had noticed at the time and not embaressed myself by signing the damm contract.
Original post by Shiema

I wouldnt risk it, best to avoid them. Better to be cautious, or have someone there to seek it out with you to tell if it is ********. Again I'd avoid.
Hi everybody, my name is Matthew and I just want to share my experience with the visual studios as we took our daughter to the Camden studio in July. my daughter was first contacted by a very pushy and straightforward "model booker" by the name of Emma, but as my daughter has always wanted to work in the industry I thought we would hear what she had to say. my ex-wife and I were treading very carefully as we had seen all the bad reviews on this page(pointed out to us by my sister at the time) anyway we thought we would visit the studio with my daughter as it was her dream and we thought what do we have to lose, but then came the catch!!!!! a booking deposit of 50 pounds had to be paid before we attended, (I smelt a rat) any way to cut a long story short Rachel my daughter paid the deposit and we were booked into the studio, much to her embarrassment Daddy had to come along ...the shoot was a very boring experience for my self, but Rachel had the time of her life!(understatement) everyone at the studio was so professional and she looked amazing, we did invest in to a portfolio after much deliberation as she looked amazing on film(knew she would) and two months later she has had her first paid job through the company in a tv commercial - in all VISUAL STUDIOS - GREAT COMPANY- BAD RAP -
Reply 7
Original post by Shiema

Hi there. Did you go with your daughter as they are asking for us to book an appt for next week with a Β£50 deposit which we get back.if we turn up. Then 4 hrs of make up and hair, photos etc and decide whether you pass!? You then pay Β£299 for her c.v/,portfolio. Not sure about this
Reply 8
Is true?
Because i paid 2000Β£ for my daughter and am not working...
She pass today and they offer me a portafolio for my son for free
What do you think?
Rakele please don't stay with these people, you will end caught in a cycle of paying more and more money for no chance for a real gig, I was lucky to get out when I did with little money lost and not thousands. I warned people in my college and continue to do so, glad someone socked one of them in the face.

You will get a Cheap empty Poundland cd with an ok quality packaging, trust me when I say this but this has occurred to a lot of people on here, their excuse why they didn't give you on the day "sorry it's not working atm but we will send it to you once the transactions happen". This then allows them to send an empty one since you can't see them putting the picture on it. I have VLC which can play anything so I know they sent it empty.

I should of reset the mac to an empty shell, when I had the chance.

They only did that to make it seem like they care, they don't btw. As for the guy above talking about his daughter bs.

Anyone defending them deserves what happens to them, I know a number of people scammed by them who are depressed and too embarrassed to speak on it. I will never defend them and anyone who does is just as bad.
:mob:
Meant to type get not end
Go with UGLY models at least there legit.lol
Original post by kumi2018
I wouldnt risk it, best to avoid them. Better to be cautious, or have someone there to seek it out with you to tell if it is ********. Again I'd avoid.

Original post by kumi2018
All scamers as far as I am concerned. Just wish there was a way to avoid payment without affecting credit. I was there a few days ago, there was red flags if someone was there with me I would have noticed it was sketchy from the start. Just wish I had noticed at the time and not embaressed myself by signing the damm contract.

Hello, I've signed for it three days ago unfortunately. I regretted since the day that I signed it and I've sent them 5 emails and called them. They are telling me that they won't cancel it as the agreement can not be cancelled for the portfolio. I explained them that my dad didn't agree to pay the money and they don't care, I even told them that they didn't make me aware of the fact that I can't cancel it before signing and they are saying that is my fault. They manipulated me and my mum's mind and put us on pressure to sign that moment without mentioning anything about cancelling or they're rules and legislations. They don't care about any of this and now I'm reading everywhere that it's a scam and I'm feeling so stupid. Can someone tell me if there's any way so I don't pay for this? If I don't pay for it can they sue me? Please I really need help.
Thankyou
Does anyone know if visual studio in London near oxford circus is legit. Because i just payed Β£500 to the lady and i am not sure if i should contact my credit card company to cancel it. please can someone who has actually been reply me. when i am finished paying i should be referred to many agencies but i do not know if it is a scam. please can someone help me. thank you.
Original post by gabby24x
Does anyone know if visual studio in London near oxford circus is legit. Because i just payed Β£500 to the lady and i am not sure if i should contact my credit card company to cancel it. please can someone who has actually been reply me. when i am finished paying i should be referred to many agencies but i do not know if it is a scam. please can someone help me. thank you.

Cancel the payment if you can , idk why you would pay large sums of money without some background info
have you been?
Reply 16
Did you cancel your payment with them
Does anybody know if kube studios once traded under the name of 'the fashion studio'????
Reply 18
They are a fraud company.Total Fraudster. BEWARE OF THEM!!!!!!!!They try to trap people give them all promises and quietly make you sign a document to pay them a heavy amount of Β£1500 or more without giving you anything ,just the promises. Nothing they promises is written on paper so once you signed the document you can't ask them for anything.The woman in the room showed the photos clicked, praised too much and kept us engaged in the conversation. She then told to sign the contract for the photo shoot package.She also made sure I don’t pay attention to what’s written in the contract.Then they chase you for payments without delivering ANYTHING to you because all that was promised was not written in the document. In past they have even cheated VULNERABLE PEOPLE.SHAME on them. They should go and sit on high streets and BEG for money and tell their own children that instead of doing a decent job or earning money decently they are framing people.Let see how proud their children will be of them..I AM SURE THEY WILL RAISE THEIR OWN KIDS TO FOLLOW THEIR PATH of scamming people.

There is no zero stars option to select otherwise I would have given them that so left with one star.

They are such DISGUSTING PEOPLE that they were doing all this even during CORONAVIRUS when people stretched out to help each other.I WONDER WHAT KIND OF F' UP PEOPLE they are.WHAT IF SOMEONE COMMITS SUICIDE BY THIS PRESSURE OF BEING SCAMMED SO BADLY.

Guys we don't have to spare them.We have to STOP THEM IMMEDIATELY-THEY ARE SERIAL SCAMMERS!!!!!!

PL READ BELOW LIST OF COMPLAINS BY OTHERS AND MANY MORE IF YOU GOOGLe-

Kindly see the following reports on Thomas studios regarding the scams they are doing. They are scammers-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2DJ6GCxl7JWHd08jZMb4kSG/kube-studios

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7188412

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5323184

https://twitter.com/bbcthree/status/819543740264181760

Quick Reply

Latest