Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Is anyone attending the 12th April assessment centre? :smile:
Original post by Nm1703
Is anyone attending the 12th April assessment centre? :smile:

Got one on the 10th April
Reply 222
Hey.

Current 1st year at UG here studying Philosophy but interested in Teach First as a career idea. I emailed a representative of Teach First asking about the possibility of my applying for secondary RE but she said they couldn’t align a Philosophy degree with the RE curriculum.

I noticed someone a few pages back someone said a Psychology degree is accepted when applying for secondary English, RE or Science and I’m kinda confused. Is this true?
What does a guy have to wear to the assessment day? Suit and tie the only option or can I go more casual than that ?
Original post by AskingQuestions2
What does a guy have to wear to the assessment day? Suit and tie the only option or can I go more casual than that ?

There were people in suits but also a lot more casual too. I felt more comfortable in smart attire, I guess it depends on your personal preference. I can't say if it affects their decision, but I got an offer. There is a lot of sitting around so you do want to be comfortable! good luck.
Are people starting to get allocated to a school yet?? Desperate to know so I can start flat hunting and working out where to live in July!!!
Reply 226
Original post by pi_master3145
Got one on the 10th April

Well done! Hope it all goes well for you, what are you hoping to teach?
Reply 227
Hi, I have the assessment centre coming up on the 12th April, I am looking to do a lesson for Early years. Has anyone that has done this age got any tips of what sort of behaviour the assessors might show when acting as the children? I have a few ideas but just looking for advice. Thanks!
Has anyone heard back from their AC recently? I had mine on 29/03
Reply 229
I logged on to my application and it's changed from provisional offer (before my AC) to nothing now and my assessment centre icon is no longer hilighted. I'm assuming this means I was unsuccessful but I haven't heard anything official yet. Can anyone confirm that this means what I think it does? Thanks everyone and good luck to all!
Original post by Nm1703
I logged on to my application and it's changed from provisional offer (before my AC) to nothing now and my assessment centre icon is no longer hilighted. I'm assuming this means I was unsuccessful but I haven't heard anything official yet. Can anyone confirm that this means what I think it does? Thanks everyone and good luck to all!

I had my AC on the 29th Mar and they called me in 2 weeks on the 11th Apr - thankfully I was offered a place but my online account doesn't even say I've been invited to their AC yet so I don't think it's very indicative. Good luck though!
Any tips to prep for the ck and ps tests?
Btw well done to everyone’s who got through, the assessment day was a full day of work!
I also had mine on the 29th! Just heard back from them today!!! Good news!
Hi guys,

It feels like everyone has done their Assessment Days and heard back from Teach First - congratulations to everyone who made it onto the LDP!

I actually applied when the applications opened back in summer 2017, but I've only just returned to the country, so my Assessment Day isn't until May 9th 2018. Hoping there are still enough places available so that I stand a chance.

I've done one Assessment Centre before, which was a few years ago for a graduate programme, so I feel okay-ish about preparing for this one in a similar way. I did, however, want to see if anyone could give some examples of questions that they were asked in the competency interview? Any other advice is always more than welcome.

Thanks
Original post by Hanif92
Hi guys,

It feels like everyone has done their Assessment Days and heard back from Teach First - congratulations to everyone who made it onto the LDP!

I actually applied when the applications opened back in summer 2017, but I've only just returned to the country, so my Assessment Day isn't until May 9th 2018. Hoping there are still enough places available so that I stand a chance.

I've done one Assessment Centre before, which was a few years ago for a graduate programme, so I feel okay-ish about preparing for this one in a similar way. I did, however, want to see if anyone could give some examples of questions that they were asked in the competency interview? Any other advice is always more than welcome.

Thanks

I'd really just advise you to be yourself, to make sure that you are very familiar with the teachfirst vision, process and competencies. I'd really strongly suggest not to overly script responses but to have some key experiences that you are able to link back to the competencies and the teachfirst vision as a whole. Just be confident and honest ... hope it's successful for you !

The assessors are all really nice and friendly so no need to stress about that at all, but I finished the day with really no indication of how I had done. So once you've done the day I suggest forgetting all about it until you hear the news!
(edited 5 years ago)
anybody else currently rushing to complete their C K A for english and not too sure what they are writing....
Reply 237
What are you guys wanting to teach? I’m looking to take the PGCE route to become a biology teacher. I have a BSc in biomedicine with 1st class honours and MSc in Cancer Biology with distinction.
Hi everyone,Just wondering if anyone has an assessment center for the leadership development programme in May or June?I am currently in my second year at uni. My teach first grad recruitment officer suggested I apply this year for deferred entry in 2019 so that was the plan.I then applied for the teach first brand manager and have just had my assessment day on the 25th of April. My grad recruitment suggested I hold off my application until after I hear back about the brand manager position because if I get it, I will be fast-tracked to the assessment day for the Leadership development programme. I should hear back soon about the brand manager position in the next week or so and am just trying to get an idea of when my assessment day might be for the leadership development programme. If anyone knows of any late assessment days please let me know! Thanks Amara
Anyone at the assessment centre on 18th May? Just got an email today. No idea what to expect but I'm excited!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending