The Student Room Group

Having a "type".

My friends and i all have prefereances of what we want the opposite sex to have for them to be compatible with us. Now i, personally, love asian boys. Majority of them are respectful, well mannered and treat girls well. I mean, sure i'm oprn to all races and wouldn't really cae if i ended up dating someone of another ethnicity e.g african, europen...etc.. but i tend to lean towards asians (thai, korea, chinese, india...etc....|||).

Is it wrong for me to want to date asians more than other races?

(i edited this cause i wasn't very clear)
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bangtangirl
My friends and i all have prefereances of what we want the opposite sex to have for them to be compatible with us. Now i, personally, love asian boys. Majority of them are respectful, well mannered and treat girls well.

Is it wrong for me to only want to date asian boys?

I think people can have preferences and as long as you aren't close minded about people outside your type then it should be okay. For example, a guy doesn't have to be Asian to be those things you listed, and if you came across a guy who ticked all your boxes but failed only because he wasn't Asian, then that may cross the line.
Race is such a rich tapestry, seems strange to only stick to one.
Bit racist tbh
My friends and i all have prefereances of what we want the opposite sex to have for them to be compatible with us. Now i, personally, love asian boys. Majority of them are respectful, well mannered and treat girls well.

I take it you mean east asian boys right?
nothing wrong with it at all. i'm pakistani and i only date white guys. everyone has a type
Reply 6

You say Asian but judging by your profile picture I gather you mean Oriental?

no mee to babes
Reply 8
It's not wrong per se, but you are excluding a rather large population if you are solely sticking to one race by using a generalisation.
Original post by Anonymous
nothing wrong with it at all. i'm pakistani and i only date white guys. everyone has a type

saaame i don't like pakistani boys either
Nope.

All over Asia.
No no no no no. I actually love everything about Asian culture, my favorite places being Thailand and Japan.
i swear it wasn't intended to be
i swear it wasn't intended to be

If you want to reply to people you need to click the reply button on their post, otherwise they won't get notified :smile:

If this is based on your own (good and bad) experiences having interacted with all types of people, then I don't see there's anything wrong with it.

However, if you're basing this on stereotypes and expectations, then you're playing a risky and potentially dangerous game (there's a lot of truth in that saying "Wolf in sheep's clothing" )

I think Kevin De Bruyne nails it when he say's it's short-sighted of you if you would dismiss someone purely on their race, but they would otherwise meet all of your other criteria.

If you don't mind me asking, what's your own ethnic group?
(edited 5 years ago)
Everybody has their preferences and it's not wrong to prefer something over another (everybody prefers some things over others)

saaame i don't like pakistani boys either

Its OK. Pakistani guys also don't like both of you :biggrin:
Original post by Raul Cavanaugh
Everybody has their preferences and it's not wrong to prefer something over another (everybody prefers some things over others)

I agree with the above 100%... ... so long as it is genuinely a preference... and the word "preference" is not a euphemism for a blanket ban on anyone who doesn't 100% meet that criterion.. especially if it's something they don't have any control over.
I mean i’m attracted to every race but have a preference towards arab or white guys simply because they’re good looking. Nothing wrong with it. I’m currently attracted to a west african which is not that different to east africans which i am.
(edited 5 years ago)

yeah, it's kind of problematic because you're informally saying people of any other ethnicity aren't good enough. you're making wide sweeping value judgements even, based on the limited exposure you've had. in truth, you can probably find a combination of attractive features and personality in people of any ethnicity you just aren't open minded enough to realise it.

personally there are sets of features that i find attractive across the board and a set of personality traits. each set of features are pretty uniquely attractive in their own way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending