The Student Room Group

Teenager makes fun of the black community in promposal

The poster read, "If I was black I'd be picking cotton, but since I'm white I'm picking you..."

Just wanna say this is not right and this shouldn't have been perceived as ok for him to even write out in big letters as an 18 year old.

Source: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-racist-prom-proposal-20180424-story.html

Scroll to see replies

what happened to the days where people would just straight up ask "do you want to go to prom with me"
This is the promposal in question.

Not directed to a black student but his white girlfriend. Who shared this post with heart eyes on snapchat.
Disgusted by this and I've already written a lengthy email to his headteacher. I'd say we should all do the same but more than 1000 people have shared the original facebook post.
Original post by physicseastldn
This is the promposal in question.

Not directed to a black student but his white girlfriend. Who shared this post with heart eyes on snapchat.

I sure hope someone punched that guy for his nose to look like that :/
The teenager goes to Sarasota High School in Florida.

He applied to NYU and Dartmouth, need to find more information from his schoolmate on facebook but for now here's the article

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20180423/sarasota-student-makes-racist-prom-proposal

Also, his date - Isabella - also applied for NYU.
Wow you must be really desperate to find something to be offended by if you're looking at reports of things that high school kids have done in local newspapers on the other side of the Atlantic.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Wow you must be really desperate to find something to be offended by if you're looking at reports of things that high school kids have done in local newspapers on the other side of the Atlantic.

I've got an American passport and I've studied in America for a total of 6 years?
Reply 8
Calm down, it's a joke. Physicseastldn, people like you are the reason our generation is hated on.
Interesting response. Waiting for my own.

Although he looks super cute, you can clearly feel the **** boy vibes with this one.

BEGON SUPER CUTE F*CKBOY!!! :begone: and good riddance too :h:
Also what did the guy/girl he asked out respond with?
Original post by Yakib
Calm down, it's a joke. Physicseastldn, people like you are the reason our generation is hated on.

For getting rid of closet racists? Misogynists? Rapists? For dispelling myths that heterosexuality is "normal" and homosexuality is "gross"?

This generation is incredible, and will only get better.
Original post by Hiraeth.
Although he looks super cute, you can clearly feel the **** boy vibes with this one.

BEGON SUPER CUTE F*CKBOY!!! :begone: and good riddance too :h:
Also what did the guy/girl he asked out respond with?

she shared his message on snapchat, but one of her friends reported it and here we are now.
Those at their school are also reporting their text messages/everything. **** is going down on facebook.
I've got an American passport and I've studied in America for a total of 6 years?

Congrats. It's not really relevant to anyone else on here.
For getting rid of closet racists? Misogynists? Rapists? For dispelling myths that heterosexuality is "normal" and homosexuality is "gross"?

This generation is incredible, and will only get better.

Oh come on, he made a joke, sure it was in poor taste but your reaction is massively OTT
Are you American?
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Congrats. It's not really relevant to anyone else on here.

If it wasn't relevant to you then why did you click it. Was it by force?

Spoiler

Original post by Ray_Shadows
bruh this kids nose is bigger than my future

:lol: Still scores high on the rate-but-never-date-ometer
Original post by Hiraeth.
:lol: Still scores high on the rate-but-never-date-ometer

Stop making fun of his appearance. What is your problem?
Stop making fun of his appearance. What is your problem?

Oh no i'm not making fun of his appearance. I said he looked hot :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending