The Student Room Group

J cole's new album is dreadful

- J cole, Tekashi 69, xxxtentacion are all really bad

Scroll to see replies

Scuuummmm gaannnnnggg
Original post by sivthasan
Scuuummmm gaannnnnggg

Please no he acts like some mass murderer when in reality he is some nonce with colourful hair
agreed, its not good at al
Original post by CleverSquirrel
agreed, its not good at al

finally someone who isn't a j cole normie
Original post by JustSomeRandomer
finally someone who isn't a j cole normie

i had high expectations from it ngl, was very disappointed, went straight back to Culture 2 :biggrin:
Can you give one valid reason why K.O.D is 'really bad', I understand music is subjective but I'm curious why you think it is not good
Original post by CleverSquirrel
i had high expectations from it ngl, was very disappointed, went straight back to Culture 2 :biggrin:

Nah its all about To Pimp A Butterfly

Window Pain- Outro and

1985- intro to "The Fall Off"

are the best songs in his album; true his album isn't the best but those two songs are deep lyrically and have relevant messages to today's society and picks on themes in which generally rappers don't talk speak of.
Those two songs are ****ing awesome... sad that "KOD" and "ATM" are high on the charts and not these. Ah well, the majority these days love mumble rappers and trap beats huh?

Anyways he isn't the best conscious rapper but I wouldn't put him with the likes of Tekashi 69 and XXX; in fact it can be argued J. Cole disagrees with said rappers
Please no he acts like some mass murderer when in reality he is some nonce with colourful hair

Just messing around - their music is absolute trash going on about the same sh*t every song - shooters... hoes.. cash... like all mainstream 'rap' these days.

KOD on the other hand tackles addiction/moral panic and he talks from experience. I rate J Cole for that reason alone, for bringing up relatable issues.
Original post by hendyrix
Can you give one valid reason why K.O.D is 'really bad', I understand music is subjective but I'm curious why you think it is not good

yeah. im new to his music and think that the lyrics, especially in brackets are really meaningful. like im starting to appreciate him as an artists and his lyrics are really good and stuff, not just about ****ing hoes at the strip club like most are nowadays
Original post by hendyrix

I think he tries to hard to be "deep" and I felt his songs were very repetitive and sounded the same
Just messing around - their music is absolute trash going on about the same sh*t every song - shooters... hoes.. cash... like all mainstream 'rap' these days.

KOD on the other hand tackles addiction/moral panic and he talks from experience. I rate J Cole for that reason alone, for bringing up relatable issues.

No its the type of music you'd find a 13 year old beg put on their story and caption it as being "deep" or "too real"
Original post by Hiraeth.

Window Pain- Outro and

1985- intro to "The Fall Off"

are the best songs in his album; true his album isn't the best but those two songs are deep lyrically and have relevant messages to today's society and picks on themes in which generally rappers don't talk speak of.
Those two songs are ****ing awesome... sad that "KOD" and "ATM" are high on the charts and not these. Ah well, the majority these days love mumble rappers and trap beats huh?

Anyways he isn't the best conscious rapper but I wouldn't put him with the likes of Tekashi 69 and XXX; in fact it can be argued J. Cole disagrees with said rappers

I was not trying to compare them lot it was just a selection that came to my head first
No its the type of music you'd find a 13 year old beg put on their story and caption it as being "deep" or "too real"

As shocking as the reality (of cringey 13 year olds) may be, in the end, only J Cole himself will understand, if any, the real significance of his lyrics. I think it's a shame that his music has become so generic/mainstream within the community.
naa i agree its overrated but its not dreadful
ATM scares me ngll loool the music video is weird
XXX is good, but hes been taken over by little 12 year old girls who quote him in their bio and play it for their snap story when they have a break up

drake is the real deal
Original post by YouAreAYute
XXX is good, but hes been taken over by little 12 year old girls who quote him in their bio and play it for their snap story when they have a break up

drake is the real deal

xxx is the same **** every song where he says how he wants to die 10000000090984 times
Original post by YouAreAYute

drake is the real deal

The bit about X is so true tho, his song SAD! was exploited by these 12 year olds you talk of...
As shocking as the reality (of cringey 13 year olds) may be, in the end, only J Cole himself will understand, if any, the real significance of his lyrics. I think it's a shame that his music has become so generic/mainstream within the community.

I feel that the lyrics are not as significant because it seems the same every song
xxx is the same **** every song where he says how he wants to die 10000000090984 times

naa i get that, i only vibe to him when im in that sad zone loool

Quick Reply

Latest