The Student Room Group

HMRC customer service consultant

Hi, I have an interview with HM Revenue and Customs as trainee in customer service consultant and I was wondering whether anyone else has had one before? What questions did they ask?

All they said was that the interviewers will be looking for you to give specific examples with detail about when you have carried out the tasks in either past employment or any aspect of life.

The interview is for 30 minutes.
Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

I have the same interview but mine is going to be 45 mins long :s-smilie: my interview is in May and im already nervous.
Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by kaysher246
I have the same interview but mine is going to be 45 mins long :s-smilie: my interview is in May and im already nervous.
Good luck!

on which section your interview ? mine is customer service costuner service consultant AO do you have any idea what they are going to ask
thnks
It's the same position customer service consultant AO, I know its comptensy based and it will be based around the civil service competency framework.
other than that, no.
Reply 4
Original post by kaysher246
It's the same position customer service consultant AO, I know its comptensy based and it will be based around the civil service competency framework.
other than that, no.

alright thank you and goodluck for the interview
Have you had your interview? how did it go :smile:
Reply 6
i had my interview on 3rd may was told would her back in two week still not heard anything yet anyone else heard anything.
No haven't heard anything either, my interview was the 11th May and they said i'd hear early June. I haven't had any interview feedback yet, have you?
Reply 8
I was told 2 weeks been checking everyday haha. and no I have had no feedback yet, the application status not been updated.
I had an interview on the 4th May, i didn't ask in the interview but received a handout at the end which said I would hear before the end of May. so hopefully results will be out by next Thursday at the latest
I really hope so🤞 Hate waiting, im really impatient haha
Reply 11
I’ve also had my interview on the 11th of May however no news yet either! :frown:
Where have you all applied for? I put Bradford first choice and Leeds second, just wondered if we were told different times the results would be out because of the different locations
Original post by brody97
Where have you all applied for? I put Bradford first choice and Leeds second, just wondered if we were told different times the results would be out because of the different locations

That makes sense, I applied for Liverpool
Reply 14
I’ve applied for Manchester myself
I applied in Birmingham... how long did your interviews last? It felt like mine only lasted 10mins... still think it went well? Hope so!
It took about 20 mins for my documents to be copied and the interview lasted about 20 mins aswell.
anyone heard anything yet? If they keep to their word I should hear tomorrow
Reply 18
Ao customer consultant will most likely be a call centre job (So phones/webchat). There isn't much demand for processing work. I know because I did the job. My interview was 3 years ago but one of the questions was 'what would you do if the customer asked you to call back'. I remember something about avoiding departmental reputational damage and making sure you exhaust all routes to find the right answer
Reply 19
Anyone heard anything? It’s been more than 2 weeks now and still nothing today. Wonder if I should email them to find out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending