The Student Room Group

I'm ready for uni to be over...

I've still got over a month left and I'm just ready for it to be over... I've only got a couple of big assignments to get done now and I feel like I'm not doing much the rest of the time 😣 I would rather be at home than in halls doing nothing most of the time...
Doing things with my friends is about the only thing that is making me happy here (which is rare as money is limited 🙁)
Original post by uniisstress
I've still got over a month left and I'm just ready for it to be over... I've only got a couple of big assignments to get done now and I feel like I'm not doing much the rest of the time 😣 I would rather be at home than in halls doing nothing most of the time...
Doing things with my friends is about the only thing that is making me happy here (which is rare as money is limited 🙁)

Damn I feel you, going through the same thing.
That’s something that happens commonly around end of year for most people. You just gotta push through this next few months. Once you’re back home for summer, you’ll soon get the urge to want to be back at uni in September.
Reply 3
Original post by Jasminead123
Damn I feel you, going through the same thing.

How are you dealing with it?
Reply 4
Original post by Pete_M21
That’s something that happens commonly around end of year for most people. You just gotta push through this next few months. Once you’re back home for summer, you’ll soon get the urge to want to be back at uni in September.

Yeah, I doubt that 🤣 I wouldn't be coming back if I didn't need a degree for what I want to do in the future.

Congratulations with your prospective graduation. Where do you go to uni?
That was a while ago and I had forgotten how bad it was at the time lol. At the time, I was seeing a therapist, was offered meds(never took them though?) and really started to believe that the mental illness side of things was part of me, or my doing. Looking back at the whole thing, it was pretty much 100% circumstances that was making me ill.
How are you dealing with it?

Well I’m not really. Went down a spiral of not going to my lectures because I was just so done with it already. Ended up not being able to catch up so now I’m having to retake the year. Best advice I can give is to make sure you don’t fail the year.
Reply 8
Original post by Wired_1800
Congratulations with your prospective graduation. Where do you go to uni?

I'm in first year 😣
Reply 9
Original post by HowlingAtTheMoon
That was a while ago and I had forgotten how bad it was at the time lol. At the time, I was seeing a therapist, was offered meds(never took them though?) and really started to believe that the mental illness side of things was part of me, or my doing. Looking back at the whole thing, it was pretty much 100% circumstances that was making me ill.

How did you deal with it? I just want the next few weeks to hurry up and be over 😣😣
Original post by Jasminead123
Well I’m not really. Went down a spiral of not going to my lectures because I was just so done with it already. Ended up not being able to catch up so now I’m having to retake the year. Best advice I can give is to make sure you don’t fail the year.

oh no 😣 I would refuse to do that and move to another uni if that happened to me though. It's more the living situation that I can't deal with
I'm in first year 😣

Oh ok. It seemed that you were tired of uni. Anyway, which uni do you attend?
Original post by Wired_1800
Oh ok. It seemed that you were tired of uni. Anyway, which uni do you attend?

I am 😣 why?
I am 😣 why?

You were complaining alot about being down with uni. Which uni do you go to?

Quick Reply

Latest