The Student Room Group

How can I dry three loads of laundry in my room?

The dryers in the laundry are not doing anything so I have piles of damp clothes in my room and I don't know what to do...
Reply 1
Put it all on clothes hangars, and hang your clothes off everything you can find that can take the weight. Stick the radiator on and open the window. Or you could run down to your nearest Tesco and buy a clothes horse for a tenner.
Reply 2
Original post by Dez
Put it all on clothes hangars, and hang your clothes off everything you can find that can take the weight. Stick the radiator on and open the window. Or you could run down to your nearest Tesco and buy a clothes horse for a tenner.

I've got some stuff hung up already but it doesn't smell good and the radiator is crap but my window is open. As for the clothes horse I could try the dryer again for that price 🤣
Reply 3
Original post by uniisstress
I've got some stuff hung up already but it doesn't smell good and the radiator is crap but my window is open. As for the clothes horse I could try the dryer again for that price 🤣

Consider it a future investment, chances are you won't have always have access to a tumble dryer, especially once you move out of halls. Tumble driers are expensive to run anyway.

Or, I suppose you could also try finding another laundry nearby you could use.
Reply 4
Original post by Dez
Consider it a future investment, chances are you won't have always have access to a tumble dryer, especially once you move out of halls. Tumble driers are expensive to run anyway.

Or, I suppose you could also try finding another laundry nearby you could use.

I'll be getting one next year after all this for sure! But I've only got 5 weeks left of this year
Reply 5
I'll be getting one next year after all this for sure! But I've only got 5 weeks left of this year

The choice is yours I suppose. :dontknow:
The dryers in the laundry are not doing anything so I have piles of damp clothes in my room and I don't know what to do...

Your first purchase should have been an airer/ clothes horse.
What do you mean the driers arent doing anything? they just tend to be expensive.

You have a limited time before damp clothes start to go sour and then you would have to wash them all over again or at least rinse and condition. How have you got so far into the year without sorting this out? the weathers pretty good . I know it might seem sacrilege but are there any grounds/ washing lines at the hall? Wouldnt take long in this weather.
Like Dez mentioned, the best things you can do really are to put them on hangers and hang them up around the room. Open any windows as wide as you can to help them air dry. For smaller pieces of clothing/towels you could try using a hairdryer on them for a bit - just make sure that your laundry doesn't stay damp for too long as it'll start to smell
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by NonIndigenous
Several options:
1. Blow on them
2. Pat them dry with toilet paper
3. Throw them in the oven
4. Throw them in the microwave

NB Children, do not try no's. 3. and 4. without knowing how to quickly turn off the building electricity supply and standing by with a dry powder (CO2) fire extinguisher.

Alternately OP, don't leave it until you have 3 loads of washing and drying. Simples.

If you must use a dryer, then only put a few clothes in at a time so that the hot air works much faster, checking frequently and taking out stuff that's already dry. Overloading the dryer never gets them dry efficiently and takes forever.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending