The Student Room Group

Btec to University

I wonder if I am going to get to my 5 choices. Manchester, York, Sussex, Sheffield, and Reading. I am worried because I only have 4 GCSEs that are all C's and 1 GCSE which is a 7 (English). I am doing BTEC Level 3 Business and I am predicted to get D*D*D* with 17 units of distinctions and 1 merit, also I want to do law in any of these universities. Therefore, do you think I have a chance to get into any one of these universities?
Original post by Tysei22
I wonder if I am going to get to my 5 choices. Manchester, York, Sussex, Sheffield, and Reading. I am worried because I only have 4 GCSEs that are all C's and 1 GCSE which is a 7 (English). I am doing BTEC Level 3 Business and I am predicted to get D*D*D* with 17 units of distinctions and 1 merit, also I want to do law in any of these universities. Therefore, do you think I have a chance to get into any one of these universities?

D*D*D* will get you in most places maybe not Oxbridge but places like Reading Manchester even places like LSE or imperial your Btec grades are much more important than some exams you took 2 years ago.
Reply 2
@Tysei22 -

Manchester - LLB Law - DDD
Sussex - LLB Law - DDD (Business, Health & Social Care or Public Services)
Sheffield - LLB Law - D*DD (in Applied Law,Applied Science, Business, Enterprise and Entrepreneurship or Personal and Business Finance)
York - LLB Law - DDD
Reading - LLB Law - DD

You shouldn't be worried, as long as your personal statement, predicted grades and reference are sound you have a very strong chance.

@jonathanemptage -

Oxford - BA Law/Jurisprudence (Equivalent to an LLB) - DDD
see here:
Course - https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses-listing/law-jurisprudence?wssl=1
Entry - https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/entrance-requirements?wssl=1

London School of Economics (LSE) - D*D*D* + Admissions test
- "The Law selectors also consider applicants offering other UK qualifications, such as Scottish Highers, Access to HE or Foundation Courses or BTECs. For further information please see the general Entry Requirements."
- "Also acceptable alongside a strong performance in the Undergraduate Admissions Assessment (not all applicants will be invited to sit the UGAA). The grades required for those without A levels are: Distinction* Distinction* Distinction* "

Imperial do not teach Law.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by yt7777

Imperial do not teach Law.

Yeah I hadn't checked.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending