The Student Room Group
Original post by VirginiaW
I have recently heard that some colleges that previously granted Cert. Ed. qualifications to successful candidates before 1977 are now upgrading this qualification to a full degree, B. Ed. Hons.
I attended Maria Assumpta in Kensington, 1972 to 1977. How can I have my certificate upgraded?
Any advice gratefully received.

Wouldnt the obvious course of action to be to contact Maria Assumpta and find out if there is any truth on what you heard and whether it would apply to you?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Wouldnt the obvious course of action to be to contact Maria Assumpta and find out if there is any truth on what you heard and whether it would apply to you?

Thank you. Sadly, Maria Assumpta closed. Other colleges, Roehampton, etc. are doing this. Just wondered if anyone knew a central place to get info/ advice.
Original post by VirginiaW
Thank you. Sadly, Maria Assumpta closed. Other colleges, Roehampton, etc. are doing this. Just wondered if anyone knew a central place to get info/ advice.

Well contact the person or source that are doing this and find out what the basis is and then see if it would be possible for you.

It would seem to be it was more likely to be some increased degree giving power and that may be limited to the college.

If you know Roehampton have done it then ask. How and why ?

Contact maria Assumpta and find out how it was closed down plus whether anything was transferred to another college i.e was it merged or taken over? If so the new college may have authority to make the change. You just have to investigate and trace it back.
I have looked a little further and see Heythorp college are in the old Assumpta building, perhaps they will know. It could just have been wound up so there would be no body capable of changing the qualification.

http://www.heythrop.ac.uk/
Sadly it is up to each HE establishment to make the decision regarding upgrading a Cert Ed to an Hon.Degree. I attended Edge Hill HE College 68/71. My Cert Ed was awarded by Liverpool Uni.There are several other HE establishments of my era in Liverpool, that have upgraded the Cert Ed. which were awarded by Liverpool Umi.Despite this being the case Edge Hill refuses to follow their example,

Latest

Trending

Trending