The Student Room Group

Job application

I have a question in in my job application but i dont how to answer them anybody can help me by giving sample answer
The question is was there a time you had to refeer to policies and procedure and how and what decision did you have to make ?
Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by aash121
I have a question in in my job application but i dont how to answer them anybody can help me by giving sample answer
The question is was there a time you had to refeer to policies and procedure and how and what decision did you have to make ?
Thank you

You can use an example from your experience in STAR format. You need to make sure it's relevant to how you followed procedure or policies. A workplace situation or completing coursework at uni would be suitable examples.

Situation - What was the situation at hand? "We were instructed to submit a 10 page report in the findings of recent dead pigeons in Birmingham"

Task - What was your task? "My responsibility was to ensure that the research that we collected was valid"

Action - What did you do? "I cross checked the validity of sources that we used with the guidelines outlined in the company's Data Usage policies and spoke to my supervisor when something wasn't right"

Result - What happened as a result of your actions? "The 10 page report was appraised by the management board and the local community, now pigeons will be safe from neighbourhood yobs".
Reply 2
This is hard to give advice on without knowing what job you're applying for

Like if its a legal job you need to use a pretty serious example of using policy and discuss the factors that weighed into your decision making
If its a job at a clothing store you need to speak about enforcing a company policy on .. returns, preventing stock loss, health and safety.. could be anything
Reply 3
Thank you very much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending