The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Postgraduate Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lemoncake1235
Hello! I applied for MLitt HRM in late December with uploaded references, and shave not heard anything either :smile:

Hey, did you hear back? Will you be going to St A for HRM? Just asking as I got into the same course but decided on Leeds.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 61
Hello everyone! Does anyone know when freshers week will be? My course starts on the 10th September, so I'm thinking freshers will be around the 2/3rd. Thanks!
Original post by Kippsy
Hello everyone! Does anyone know when freshers week will be? My course starts on the 10th September, so I'm thinking freshers will be around the 2/3rd. Thanks!

From what I can remember, freshers starts on 10th because that’s when matriculation begins.
Classes should be starting on week beginning 17th. But perhaps Postgrads need to make themselves more readily available for orientation week? I’m not sure... but I know the above was the case for undergrads when I went there.
Any History masters students on this thread? Really looking forward to returning back to the bubble this September!! ☺️
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Kippsy

So freshers' week is what's called Orientation week on the semester dates https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/semesterdates/2018-2019/ . It says it starts Mon 10 Sept, but accommodation will open on Sat 8th Sept.
Original post by jgatt1991
From what I can remember, freshers starts on 10th because that’s when matriculation begins.
Classes should be starting on week beginning 17th. But perhaps Postgrads need to make themselves more readily available for orientation week? I’m not sure... but I know the above was the case for undergrads when I went there.
Any History masters students on this thread? Really looking forward to returning back to the bubble this September!! ☺️

Hello! I'll be doing Early Modern History :smile:
Original post by tvss
I received an offer for Museum and Gallery Studies on Feb. 21 and my application went from pending decision back to the checking application stage also before I received the offer.

I received my offer for Museum and Gallery Studies earlier on today!
Original post by boleypear
Hello! I'll be doing Early Modern History :smile:

Ooooh snap!! Me too!!! :biggrin:
Reply 67
I'm going to be new to St.As doing a Philosophy GradDip. The uni website says that exams end on the week of 20th May. How much longer would you suggest to stay there before returning home? (asking because of rent agreements etc)
Original post by gowvis
I'm going to be new to St.As doing a Philosophy GradDip. The uni website says that exams end on the week of 20th May. How much longer would you suggest to stay there before returning home? (asking because of rent agreements etc)

Most undergraduates (and I think the GradDip shares most classes with undergrads?) will leave when halls kick out, I think this year that was 2 June. I don't know if the GradDip do graduation in June, if they do you might stay for that, otherwise there's no reason to stay except for than wanting to see St Andrews in the summer. I personally love St Andrews in summer, it has a really different vibe because we lose probably around 6000 undergraduates but gain all the tourists and golfers, but you'd probably need to find yourself something to do (work, research assistant, volunteer) otherwise it could get boring!
Reply 69
Original post by la_banane_verte
Most undergraduates (and I think the GradDip shares most classes with undergrads?) will leave when halls kick out, I think this year that was 2 June. I don't know if the GradDip do graduation in June, if they do you might stay for that, otherwise there's no reason to stay except for than wanting to see St Andrews in the summer. I personally love St Andrews in summer, it has a really different vibe because we lose probably around 6000 undergraduates but gain all the tourists and golfers, but you'd probably need to find yourself something to do (work, research assistant, volunteer) otherwise it could get boring!

Thanks! In the meantime I got accepted to Deans Court so no need to keep on looking for private accomodation. Anyone here going to be there or stayed there? Whats it like?
I live in Dean's court. The gas alarm went off twice in a short period of time.
Original post by gowvis
Thanks! In the meantime I got accepted to Deans Court so no need to keep on looking for private accomodation. Anyone here going to be there or stayed there? Whats it like?

My friend stayed in Deans Court and it's absolutely amazing! It's a bit old in terms of decor and so on, but it's literally across the road from the cathedral, the dining room is totally hogwarts-esque (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deans_Court#/media/File:biggrin:eansCourtDiningRoom.jpg), and the common room is really comfy.

It's also great because it's a postgrad only hall, so you don't get as much noise.
Reply 72
Original post by robplantslemons
I received my offer for Museum and Gallery Studies earlier on today!

Congratulations! I am really looking forward to the program.
Hi guys! Is there anyone taking the MLitt in Peace and Conflict Studies? :wink:
Also, what do you think about university managed properties? I chose this option for my accommodation and I'm still waiting for the decision, when do you think they will possibly give me the answer?
Original post by tvss
Congratulations! I am really looking forward to the program.

Me too, if only I could sort out some accommodation I would be much more excited! What are you doing on that front?
Reply 75
Original post by robplantslemons
Me too, if only I could sort out some accommodation I would be much more excited! What are you doing on that front?

I applied for housing and got an offer for Deans Court that I accepted.
Original post by tvss
I applied for housing and got an offer for Deans Court that I accepted.

Oh that's lucky. I'm yet to hear back about mine
Reply 77
Anyone going for MLitt Management this year?
Received my offer for MSc Mathematics weeks ago.
Reply 79
Original post by sdarwkcabdaer
Hey guys,

Was wondering if there’s anyone taking the MLitt in Legal and Constitutional Studies?

I'm not sure if you'll see my message... but I am!! What's your name?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending