The Student Room Group

How can I delete my account?

This website is so boring and depressing.
or you could just not click on this site

no one is going to wonder/care where you at (that is if they know you)
Say something #islamophobic and you'll be out of here before you know it
Reply 3
You can just leave
you joined today....
Original post by ShyMale16
This website is so boring and depressing.

Hi,

If you have decided that TSR is no longer for you, you can go to your password/email address change link here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/profile.php?do=editpassword

Then scroll to the bottom and follow the instructions to delete your account.

Only do this if you are certain you don't want to be here. If you've just had enough for a few days, just log out and log back in again when you want to post again.
There is an option to delete accounts but it was only introduced recently, is more like a permanent deactivation than a delete tbh as your posts remain your account just looks like a 'banned' account and the username is randomised

hm how queer the option doesn't seem to be there anymore, it used to be under the change your username part
(edited 5 years ago)
I've got the option to delete my account under the settings link that I posted a few minutes ago; I note you are a CA and maybe that is why you are unable to delete?
Original post by CoolCavy
There is an option to delete accounts but it was only introduced recently, is more like a permanent deactivation than a delete tbh as your posts remain your account just looks like a 'banned' account and the username is randomised

hm how queer the option doesn't seem to be there anymore, it used to be under the change your username part

I've got the option under Customize My TSR -> Edit my login settings.
Being a standard member, I can delete my account if required. I believe it might be that you are a CA, as to why you cannot delete your account?
Original post by spotify95
Being a standard member, I can delete my account if required. I believe it might be that you are a CA, as to why you cannot delete your account?

yeh that's the reason according to @Paracosm :yep:
Original post by spotify95

Hole in one! Exactly right. :smile:
Original post by Paracosm
Hole in one! Exactly right. :smile:

Thanks Paracosm for clarifying this :smile: (and everyone else who posted)

I assumed that would be the case, because otherwise it would affect the support given in a particular area of the site, resulting in less efficiency.

Hopefully @ShyMale16 has now made their mind up about their membership, and hopefully they'll stay with us :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending