The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway Msc Clinical Psychology Information

Hi and thanks for reading!

I have accepted my offer for the Msc in Clinical Psychology for 2018/19 at Royal Holloway and would love to hear any and all information from previous students of the course.

From what I can find online, the class size is around 100 and there are 2 days of lectures each week?

I can't find a lot of information on it and would like to know how intensive this course is and whether I could work part-time?

How much support do you get from your lecturers and research supervisors? Are they easy to contact or does the large class size make getting enough time with them difficult?

Was it difficult getting your clinical placement and how early do you need to have it organised?

What aspects of the course did you dislike or find difficult?

Thank you.
Original post by Aaronr33
Hi and thanks for reading!

I have accepted my offer for the Msc in Clinical Psychology for 2018/19 at Royal Holloway and would love to hear any and all information from previous students of the course.

From what I can find online, the class size is around 100 and there are 2 days of lectures each week?

I can't find a lot of information on it and would like to know how intensive this course is and whether I could work part-time?

How much support do you get from your lecturers and research supervisors? Are they easy to contact or does the large class size make getting enough time with them difficult?

Was it difficult getting your clinical placement and how early do you need to have it organised?

What aspects of the course did you dislike or find difficult?

Thank you.

Hi Aaronr33,

The final timetable for the Clinical Psychology MSc hasn't been finalised, but you can find a list of the core courses along with additional optional courses here so you can get an idea of the amount of classes you'd be required to take.

With regards to working part-time, many students at Royal Holloway have part-time jobs with many working on campus or with a number of local employers.

While previous class sizes have been around 100 students, this will vary each year. You could have a lecture will all students or seminars with 9 others as well. This means that you will have the opportunity to work closely with your academics. Additionally, academics will usually have set office hours where you'll be able to meet with them outside of class.

For placements, students are expected to secure their own placements to best match their career plans, but the Department of Psychology and our Careers and Employability Services are great resources to help you find the best placement for you.

I hope this is helpful, but please let me know if you have any other questions!

Susana :smile:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi Susana,

Thank you very much for your reply, I don't have any more questions at the moment.
Reply 3
Did you end up doing the MSc in Clinical Psych? what are you doing now? What kind of opportunities were you able to get post your degree?
Reply 4
Original post by Aaronr33
Hi Susana,

Thank you very much for your reply, I don't have any more questions at the moment.

Did you end up doing the MSc in Clinical Psych? what are you doing now? What kind of opportunities were you able to get post your degree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending