The Student Room Group

The New Royal baby has been named! Prince Louis Arthur Charles!

The fifth-in-line to the throne has been named after being born on Monday at St Mary's Hospital in west London.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have named their new son Louis Arthur Charles. Kensington Palace announced in a tweet: "The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to announce that they have named their son Louis Arthur Charles. "The baby will be known as His Royal Highness Prince Louis of Cambridge." Prince Louis shares his middle name with father Prince William and grandfather Prince Charles, with William's full name being William Arthur Philip Louis.

What are everybody's thoughts on His Royal Highness' Name?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BeefyBoi345
The fifth-in-line to the throne has been named after being born on Monday at St Mary's Hospital in west London.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have named their new son Louis Arthur Charles. Kensington Palace announced in a tweet: "The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to announce that they have named their son Louis Arthur Charles. "The baby will be known as His Royal Highness Prince Louis of Cambridge." Prince Louis shares his middle name with father Prince William and grandfather Prince Charles, with William's full name being William Arthur Philip Louis.

I think it's a nice name, and unexpected. I never know how this name is pronounced though - is it Lewis or Lou-ee?
Reply 2
Mm, very creative
Reply 3
Umm cool?
Who gives a ****
Reply 5
Original post by DrawTheLine
I think it's a nice name, and unexpected. I never know how this name is pronounced though - is it Lewis or Lou-ee?

Yeah, especially with the whole website debacle with the Prince Albert website leak... :confused:
Horrible name in my opinion, I detest the names Louis and Charles. Would have been better for his first name to be Arthur.
Does it look like I care, urm no!
I couldnt give a flying hoot whatever the **** they call it
Reply 8
Should have been Mohammed
Original post by Cleverboy1991
Does it look like I care, urm no!
I couldnt give a flying hoot whatever the **** they call it

You cared enough to comment on a thread about it. If you really didn't care at all you would just ignore this thread.
Original post by Volibear
I mean quite a few people clearly do even if you don't.

Just dont see the point as to why anyone would have an intrest, each to their own i guess.
Reply 11

If it's after Mountbatten it's Louee

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lou-ee. I think it’s a French name.
Original post by Abcdefghijk123
Lou-ee. I think it’s a French name.

I've always pronounced it that way too, but then I've met people who pronounce it Lewis. In my head I'm like but that's a totally different name? I always assume it is Lou-ee unless told otherwise normally.
I've always pronounced it that way too, but then I've met people who pronounce it Lewis. In my head I'm like but that's a totally different name? I always assume it is Lou-ee unless told otherwise normally.

I blame the Americans. St. Louis in Missouri is pronounced like Lewis

I used to pronounce it as Lewis because of the ‘s’ at the end of Louis. Confusing af.
Original post by BeefyBoi345

Who ****ing cares? Answer: NO one!
Sounds very Kingly. Would have preferred Arthur as the first name though.
Louis Arthur Charles is haram.
i expect they will call him L-dogg at home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending