The Student Room Group

Seneca gcse learning

Thoughts on this website? Has it helped you? Would you use it as a main source of revision?

Scroll to see replies

i wanted to know the same thing :smile:
I just recently started using Seneca and I originally told myself I would just use it as support but for the subjects they have it available for, I'm using as my main source of revision! Not sure if it's the right choice yet or not - only time will tell - but I am going through content a lot faster and I think it's really beneficial.
I've been using it for about a month and it has really helped me, apparently the courses are made by examiners so they should be reliable!
Reply 4
Thankyou guys this really helped, I wasn’t sure to just make it my main source of revision or not as it’s taking too long with the revision guides x
Hi it's defo my main source for AQA CombinedSci however just a tip have the spec open at the same time and refer to it!
Reply 6
What grades do you think you can achieve from it being your main source?
I use it for gcse science, but also use my CGP book & "Freesciencelessons" youtube channel. This guy has helped me through the whole science course frrr
Is Seneca good for history?? Thanks
Reply 9
Do you think you could get like over a grade 7 from this website?
Not if this was the only source you used because it misses out some detail ... it’s good when you understand the topic moderately well but if you find a topic hard then I would use a textbook or something else.
Original post by Jordanna26
Thoughts on this website? Has it helped you? Would you use it as a main source of revision?

The website is great. However for the sciences I was very optimistic that this could be my main source of revision however it has not gone down well. They say it covers all of the specification but many points are missing and sometimes they repeat the same question quite a few times.
They also say made by examiners however they copy a lot of things from the internet, especially for English. They have copied a lot analysis from Mr bruff.
Overall, this website is good for consolidating your learning and making sure you know the main points but keep in mind it doesn't cover everything. Hope this helps!

Im not too sure how much its helped me, but some of the content its teaching isn't needed in the spec, or isn't there at all.
Hi everyone would like to know please if you do these test are they actually GCSEs that if you complete them you’ll get them sent to you as it would be in school?
Original post by anyone1234
Is Seneca good for history?? Thanks

yes ,but ive not been using it as my only source of revision. however I like how concise the information is so i use that to make my flashcards
Original post by Yassinh98
Hi everyone would like to know please if you do these test are they actually GCSEs that if you complete them you’ll get them sent to you as it would be in school?

What?

i find it really basic it doesnt help you learn the hard stuff just tests you a hundred times on some words.. i prefer to practise from cgp grade 8-9 practise exam book, and anything i dont understand i go over from textbook or online videos.. i would not use it as a main source for revision
Seneca Learning has got quite a few mistakes in the AQA Religious Studies A - related to Catholicism - how can I contact them to correct them?
Original post by puddleuddle
Seneca Learning has got quite a few mistakes in the AQA Religious Studies A - related to Catholicism - how can I contact them to correct them?

there is a feedback thingy at the bottom of every question. They seem to fix errors quickly enough.
Original post by puddleuddle

I noticed this feedback button below the question. I once saw a small mistake and it was corrected within a day orso... I think that's the easiest way

Quick Reply

Latest