The Student Room Group

DrawTheLine writes a blog

Scroll to see replies

24th April 2018

I'd say today has been decent. :yy: I'm really enjoying that I've gotten into a "bedtime routine" as it were. That makes me sound 5 doesn't it? :curious: It's amusing how we revert back to wanting to be a child when we grow up after years of wanted to be grown up. I genuinely miss my mummy's cuddles coming home from work or school, her cooking and just general presence in the house. :hugs: We would take the bus to the next town over and go shopping, have tea and cake at a cafe. :tea: 1 month and 2 days until I am back home and I can see my mumma. :thumbsup: And my dad too, but that's less exciting. That sounds really mean, oh dear. :gasp: Well, he's good and all and I suppose I'm excited to see him too, but not as much as my mum. I like my dad more for practical reasons - tech support, taxi service and general life advice. I like my mum more for the emotional, girly stuff. My parents are so different from each other I cannot see how they ever were attracted to each other or wanted to be with each other. :confused: My mum is such a positive happy person and my dad is, as I've said before, a grumpy old man. They're total opposites and I struggle to piece together how they were together for 7 years. Never in my mind would I put those two together for longer than a first date. But I'm glad they did because it means I am here writing this. :h:

Wow I got off topic. :s-smilie: Anyway, yeah the routine. I'm getting good at sleeping at 11pm and waking at 7am. Although last night, I don't know what it was but I just woke up so tired! :sleep: I struggled to stay awake, but I forced myself to in order to stay in my routine. I must have not slept very deeply last night. I'm hoping I'll be super tired tonight and sleep like a log so tomorrow is better. I have to go to work tomorrow for the first time in over 2 weeks. I'm really not excited for it. :sigh: They put so much pressure on getting targets and selling as much as possible to the customer. I don't want to bring out a product that the customer hasn't asked for because I know I will just have to put it straight back again because, guess what, they didn't ask for it! :grr: If I was a customer and a staff member did that I wouldn't be impressed at all. Just think of the money I keep telling myself. :^_^:

I had cereal for breakfast again (go me) and this time decided to try a different cafe to work in. I chose a Costa in town, so it's a lot closer and was a lot warmer than the cafe the other day. I bought a travel mug and saved 25p, woop. :clap2: Hot chocolate with marshmallows is the perfect revision drink imo. There wasn't really a table tucked away in the corner like I thought, but it was a good place to go. I liked it. However I know I need to not go to cafes to revise so much because they aren't exactly the cheapest things in the world. :erm: So I might go only once a week just to make sure I don't spend loads on hot drinks.

I was there for just over an hour, but I remembered I had to go to the estate agents to pay first months rent on the house I'm living in next year. I finished my drink and the topic I was revising, and as soon as I got on the bus back it started pouring it down. For the whole 15 minute bus journey I was thinking "please stop raining please stop raining" but it didn't. :sad: I only had my light raincoat on and no umbrella, so I just power walked home instead of to the estate agents. I'll go there another time, it isn't urgent. And that was about 12, several hours later and it is still raining! Chucking it down.

When I got back I decided to do a bit more work. I've made some mind maps and matched up some of the Q&A sets I created, and did some flash cards, but nothing is feeling very effective. :s: I recorded myself saying all the information for my exam next Wednesday and so I'll listen to that. But a question to anyone techy - how do I get the voice recordings on my phone to be merged together so it's one track and I can just play it like you would a song? I have like 12 different voice recordings for the topics and I want to put them all into one track so I don't have to keep pressing play on a new one. If nobody knows I'll have to phone my tech support aka father. He should know, hopefully.

For lunch I had a sweet chili wrap, but this time with only spinach and yellow pepper. I didn't have chicken and cba to defrost and cook a chicken breast. It was actually so good! :yum: A bit too much chili sauce but really nice. I love spinach I could eat it with most things tbh. I also had some M&Ms afterwards.

After that I carried on trying to do some work but it failed a bit. I remembered that the doctors hadn't phoned me back about my antibiotics question, so I phoned them. No answer so I went and had a shower and then tried again. The receptionist said the dr hadn't answered and so she resubmitted the question, apologising like crazy. There's no rush for me to know as I don't do away until middle of June, but I just want to know so I know if I need to spare time to see the dr before I go. As of 6pm when I'm writing this, no response. :hmmm: They close at 6:30 so if I don't hear by then I'll phone again in the afternoon tomorrow. I always feel bad for nagging people but sometimes you just have to, don't you? I think 24 hours is a good amount of time to leave a question, especially considering the questions put on triage for that day are supposed to get answered by a dr at the end of the working day.

I did a bit more work, made a few more mindmaps. Then as of now I've kind of fried my brain a bit and I've decided to stop and have a break until after dinner. I have dehydration soup again. :erm: I think I might have some bread with it this time, make it easier to eat. Seriously I feel like I could overdose on sodium with this soup, jeez. Learn from my mistake most definitely!

I'll watch some more Suits, wake up my boyfriend and do more revision for the rest of the evening. I'll probably phone my dad in a few hours for the tech support. Today hasn't been that interesting but some days are just a bit more dull than others I suppose. :indiff:

Food diary!

Breakfast: fruit and fibre cereal
Lunch: 2 sweet chili spinach and yellow pepper wraps
Dinner: dehydration soup with bread
Snacks: M&Ms

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
The doctor just rang and I am SO HAPPY! They're going to give me strong antibiotics and even more pills than normal for my visit in June so if I get an infection it will be absolutely fine. That's made my day that has. :dance:
OH MY GOSH I ACCIDENTALLY PRESSED A BUTTON AND JUST LOST MY WHOLE POST!!! Ffs... okay I'll rewrite it but apologies if it seems a bit short because I am not happy right now. :angry:

25th April 2018

Today has been reasonably decent. :smile: Although I didn't sleep well again last night. I woke up super tired this morning. :sleep: I also woke up with a trapped nerve in my shoulder/arm. So if I lift it suddenly or too high it sends a shooting pain down my arm. :thumbsdown: It gets painful when I forget about it.

When I got up I made tea and got dressed. I didn't really have much of a breakfast because I had to leave for work at 10:30am, so I kind of combined breakfast and lunch. My shift was 11:30-3:30 and if I had eaten breakfast when I was hungry around 8am, I would have been hungry in my shift and I don't get a break. :no: So my breakfast was basically a few handfuls of cashew nuts at around 9am after I had tea, and then for lunch I had supernoodles. I add chili powder to these too (still the best thing :grin:) However, I added way too much! :doh: By accident, though. A big clump fell out of the jar and I went to pick it up and the clump just shattered all over my noodles. So I had no choice. :dong: I ended up not being able to finish it because of the spice. It makes me feel physically sick to have spicy food. :yucky:

Work was decent too. I had easy customers, which I'm pleased about. :yep: However the t-shirt I have to wear for work comes up really high on my neck so I feel like it's strangling me. :unimpressed: I immensely dislike this t-shirt.

After work I had to go to the drs surgery to get that prescription and then to the pharmacy to get the antibiotics. I also googled them and they are allowed in the US so I'm pretty happy about that. :u: I was tempted to get a hot chocolate from Costa again, but I though I wouldn't for 3 reasons: a) because I had to go to the drs and didn't want to with a drink in my hand, 2) the weather was crazy. All day it's been 5 minutes of glorious sunshine, 5 minutes of torrential downpours :nooo:. I didn't want to have to carry and umbrella that was blowing in the wind with a cup of hot liquid in case I dropped it, and III) I didn't have my reusable cup, so I thought I'd be good to the environment and not get one. :h:

I've done a bit of revision today. I did some before work and a bit afterwards. I didn't really want to do much today, because I've already done one type of work, I don't really want to do another. :no: I decided to try to memorise studies. For my exam in 1 week (eek! :eek4:) I have a choice of 10 questions and I have to choose 2 to answer. Each question has equal marks so I need to do well on both of them. I really hope homicide and stalking come up because I know those 2 things! :crossedf: I'm putting the name and year of the researchers on one side and the summary of their findings on the other side. I've set myself a motivation challenge: if I can memorise 10 studies, I get to have a large hot chocolate from Costa with a cake of some sort. If I memorise 8, just a medium hot chocolate. If I memorise 6, I get a small hot chocolate. Anything less than 6 and I can just wallow in self-pity. :getmecoat:

The rest of the evening will be spent chatting to my boyfriend who I've since woken up :lovie:, doing those flashcards (seeing as making them is very little effort :yep:), watching Suits (Rachel and Mike got engaged!! :yay:), having dinner which will be my last portion of dehydration soup (I loathe this soup! :grumble:) and just relaxing from here on out. Tomorrow will be a much more productive day and I will make sure of it so I get my hot chocolate!

Food diary!

Breakfast: few handfuls of cashews
Lunch: chicken flavour supernoodles with chili powder, paprika and sweetcorn
Dinner: dehydration soup
Snacks: M&Ms and chocolate

Spoiler

26th April 2018

Today has been epic! :excited: I'm super proud of myself. :grin: Today started off how it has the other few days, waking up at 7 but still feeling really tired. :sad: I slept at 11 last night instead of a bit earlier like I said because I wanted to chat to my boyfriend a bit more. I had some tea after I got up at 7:30 :tea: , and then it was time for laundry. 3 loads in the washing machines and 2 loads in the tumble dryer - £12 that cost me! :shock: Not happy about that. :nope: I had to wash my bedding, towels and clothes. Even so, one of the tumble dryers should be called a tumbler, not a dryer, because it didn't dry anything. :mad: It just tumbled them around for 50 minutes. My room at uni is so small so I use the dryer to avoid having to hang my clothes up on an airer, but I still have to do that anyway. So that annoyed me quite a bit. :hmpf: But it's okay because it means tonight is clean sheet night, and eveyone know that clean sheet night is one of the best nights there is. :thumbsup:

After I put my clothes in the dryer / tumbler, I had a shower. I wasn't really too hungry so breakfast again was just cashew nuts and water. Maybe a few M&Ms too. :teehee: I started memorising some of those studies. I find I memorise things best by just writing and rewriting it over and over again. When my clothes were done I either put them away or hung them up to dry (grr). :grumble: By noon I had successfully memorised my 10 studies in order to get my hot chocolate from Costa, which made me super happy for the rest of the day. :yeah: Just knowing those studies has made me so much more confident for the exam. I'm still terrified, but I have a bit more reassurance that I can chuck some accurate dates in there and hopefully boost my marks a bit. I have one hour to write each essay (2 hours in total), which is more time than I think. I just need to keep telling myself I have lots of time. :yy: I can spend 5 minutes planning and then the rest writing. I need to make sure my writing will be readable, as when I'm stressed I stop writing and start scribbling. As long as I can keep my nerves under control and remind myself I have time to correctly write an essay, I should be okay. I really hope I will be okay! :crossedf:

I remembered I had some eggs to eat that really do need eating as they're coming to the end of their recommended eat by date. I decided to be healthy and have an omelette. :cute: I used 3 eggs and added spinach, yellow pepper and runner beans, plus a small grating of cheese and salt and pepper. It was decent, kept me full for a while. After lunch I went out to the big shopping centre to look for those mug cake mixes. There's a huge ASDA nearby so I thought they would have it - nope. :cry2: So I went and got more flashcards instead. I went to town to look for them, and finally found a sticky toffee one and a rich chocolate one. I'm so happy! :woo: I'll make one of them tonight, hopefully it'll be amazing. On my way back from town I got my awesome hot chocolate with marshmallows as a reward for memorising those studies. :drool: I even started memorising some more. The bus to the big shopping centre takes about 40 minutes, so I had a bit of a flick through my flash cards.

When I got back I started working on memorising some others, and I think I've got 13 completely in my long term memory now. I'll do the same thing tomorrow but a bit more focused and getting more done. After all I have less than 6 days until my exam. And today means that in exactly 1 month I will be moving out and back home. I'm feeling bittersweet about that. :indiff: I'm excited because it means I can see my mum and my cat, I can go back to work in my original store and see the people I like.

I was supposed to cook sweet and sour chicken for dinner tonight, but after my hot chocolate I'm really not that hungry. :dong: So I think I'll just make some super rice later on when I am hungry and have some tea and cashew nuts again. I definitely need to make it tomorrow though otherwise my red pepper will start going moudly and I want to use it.

The rest of my evening will be chatting to my boyfriend and learning a few more studies. Oh and making that mug cake after all. I wish tomorrow was payday. I'm always looking forward to payday. :daydreaming: Even on payday I say I'm excited for the next payday. :laugh: I've said payday too many times it's stopped looking like a word, ha. Anyway, I think that's it for today.

Food diary!

Breakfast: cashew nuts
Lunch: omelette
Dinner: probably will be super rice

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
what are you studying at uni again ?
Original post by Ray_Shadows
what are you studying at uni again ?

Forensic psychology
Original post by DrawTheLine
Forensic psychology

that seems quite interesting

keep up the good work btw , i do read your daily posts but i don't have time to ask about all of them

still interesting though :smile:
26th April 2018

Today has been epic! :excited: I'm super proud of myself. :grin: Today started off how it has the other few days, waking up at 7 but still feeling really tired. :sad: I slept at 11 last night instead of a bit earlier like I said because I wanted to chat to my boyfriend a bit more. I had some tea after I got up at 7:30 :tea: , and then it was time for laundry. 3 loads in the washing machines and 2 loads in the tumble dryer - £12 that cost me! :shock: Not happy about that. :nope: I had to wash my bedding, towels and clothes. Even so, one of the tumble dryers should be called a tumbler, not a dryer, because it didn't dry anything. :mad: It just tumbled them around for 50 minutes. My room at uni is so small so I use the dryer to avoid having to hang my clothes up on an airer, but I still have to do that anyway. So that annoyed me quite a bit. :hmpf: But it's okay because it means tonight is clean sheet night, and eveyone know that clean sheet night is one of the best nights there is. :thumbsup:

After I put my clothes in the dryer / tumbler, I had a shower. I wasn't really too hungry so breakfast again was just cashew nuts and water. Maybe a few M&Ms too. :teehee: I started memorising some of those studies. I find I memorise things best by just writing and rewriting it over and over again. When my clothes were done I either put them away or hung them up to dry (grr). :grumble: By noon I had successfully memorised my 10 studies in order to get my hot chocolate from Costa, which made me super happy for the rest of the day. :yeah: Just knowing those studies has made me so much more confident for the exam. I'm still terrified, but I have a bit more reassurance that I can chuck some accurate dates in there and hopefully boost my marks a bit. I have one hour to write each essay (2 hours in total), which is more time than I think. I just need to keep telling myself I have lots of time. :yy: I can spend 5 minutes planning and then the rest writing. I need to make sure my writing will be readable, as when I'm stressed I stop writing and start scribbling. As long as I can keep my nerves under control and remind myself I have time to correctly write an essay, I should be okay. I really hope I will be okay! :crossedf:

I remembered I had some eggs to eat that really do need eating as they're coming to the end of their recommended eat by date. I decided to be healthy and have an omelette. :cute: I used 3 eggs and added spinach, yellow pepper and runner beans, plus a small grating of cheese and salt and pepper. It was decent, kept me full for a while. After lunch I went out to the big shopping centre to look for those mug cake mixes. There's a huge ASDA nearby so I thought they would have it - nope. :cry2: So I went and got more flashcards instead. I went to town to look for them, and finally found a sticky toffee one and a rich chocolate one. I'm so happy! :woo: I'll make one of them tonight, hopefully it'll be amazing. On my way back from town I got my awesome hot chocolate with marshmallows as a reward for memorising those studies. :drool: I even started memorising some more. The bus to the big shopping centre takes about 40 minutes, so I had a bit of a flick through my flash cards.

When I got back I started working on memorising some others, and I think I've got 13 completely in my long term memory now. I'll do the same thing tomorrow but a bit more focused and getting more done. After all I have less than 6 days until my exam. And today means that in exactly 1 month I will be moving out and back home. I'm feeling bittersweet about that. :indiff: I'm excited because it means I can see my mum and my cat, I can go back to work in my original store and see the people I like. However it means less freedom. I will not be able to call my boyfriend like I do now, which will really suck. :cry: But it's less sucky because when I go back home, I'm only there for 3 weeks before I fly to see him for 6 weeks :lovehug: , so we can push through that difficulty. Plus going back home my dad will moan at me for going to America, which I'm really not looking forward to. My flight is at 12:30 which means we have to leave for the airport at about 8am on the Saturday (we're only about 1.5 hours away from Heathrow). He won't enjoy getting up that early on a weekend, yet he gets up even earlier for a haircut so who knows what he will be like. :dontknow:

I was supposed to cook sweet and sour chicken for dinner tonight, but after my hot chocolate I'm really not that hungry. :dong: So I think I'll just make some super rice later on when I am hungry and have some tea and cashew nuts again. I definitely need to make it tomorrow though otherwise my red pepper will start going moudly and I want to use it.

The rest of my evening will be chatting to my boyfriend and learning a few more studies. Oh and making that mug cake after all. I wish tomorrow was payday. I'm always looking forward to payday. :daydreaming: Even on payday I say I'm excited for the next payday. :laugh: I've said payday too many times it's stopped looking like a word, ha. Anyway, I think that's it for today.

Food diary!

Lunch: omelette
Dinner: probably will be super rice

Spoiler

I wish I had the motivation to memorise 13 studies in a day. :laugh: Don't really know what else to say...yeah, I'm just replying for the sake of it to prove I am still reading.
*subscribes*

:ninjagirl:
Original post by 04MR17
*subscribes*

:ninjagirl:

:thumbsup: you're a star
27th April 2018

I've had a fairly lazy day today. :couchpotato: Well, I haven't gone anywhere but my brain has been active. :hmmmm: Again this morning I woke up super tired so definitely bed by 10:30 tonight I think. :yes: I made tea and didn't really have a breakfast, just cashew nuts again. But I ran out so tomorrow will have to be a proper breakfast. I've started memorising more studies - I have 63 to learn in total and I'd say I'm a quarter of the way through, maybe a bit more. I'm slowly getting there! :yy: Exam is on Wednesday and my stress levels are rising. :yikes:

At around 10am the maintenance man came and fixed my door. The hinge on the door kind of ripped off so he repaired it and also made my door shut faster as it took a full 30 seconds to close. :unimpressed: After that I got down to work, using Quizlet to test my knowledge and re-writing summaries of the studies over and over and over again. It's tough work trying to get things into your long-term memory. :sigh:

I had a proper lunch though - eggs on toast. :proud: After I had some ready salted crisps and then it went downhill with some chocolate. :sad: But I felt proud of myself for being so productive in the morning so I rewarded myself. :dance: The problem there is now in the evening I can't have an end of day reward because I've already had it. Self-control - I won't eat any more chocolate, I say to myself highly doubting my ability right now. :erm:

I'm amazed I was able to be so productive though this morning because the gardeners were here doing the lawn mowing and leaf blowing. :grr: There's a bush right outside my window so it was super loud even though I had my window closed. I was twitching after about 10 minutes of it. :banghead: But somehow I managed to learn about 3 studies so I'm really happy with that. :awesome: Normally I can only work with certain noises. When I was doing some Quizlet stuff I listened to the drummy music really loud and I was on fire with those studies, typing like my life depended on it. :cyber: My boyfriend says I type really fast and keeps asking me how many words I can do a minute - I don't exactly keep count and surely it varies depending on the length of the words?

After lunch I had more tea and watched some TV for a break. :tea: I watched the last 2 episodes of One Born Every Minute, the new episodes of Young Sheldon and The Big Bang Theory. It makes me happy to be productive in the morning and then have a less productive afternoon. Typically doing a bit of work then having longer breaks, whereas in the morning it's mainly studying with short breaks. I was supposed to have a long break to have a shower but I got distracted with OBEM. Eh well, I'll shower tomorrow morning before work. :cute:

I successfully cooked some really yummy sweet and sour chicken for dinner today. :yum: I had kind of been putting it off just because if I use up food it means I have to buy more food. I'm all out of onions now and they're a food I cook almost every meal with. I don't like going food shopping unless it's for baking ingredients. It's just long and some foods are really heavy like potatoes, and then buying milk too. It's a lot for a tiny little woman like me to carry home in one go. :sadnod: I try and spread my shops out over the week so the bags are a lot lighter. I'll probably go food shopping next on Sunday, because I have 2 more portions of the chicken. That'll do my lunch/dinner before work and then Sunday dinner too probably. Meaning Monday I will need more food. I need to use up those sweet potatoes I bought - butter chicken curry perhaps. Interesting. I'll have to see what I feel like getting closer to the time. :hmmmm:

Umm... what else have I thought of today. I really want a pet duck. :bigsmile: I've been seeing lots of videos on Facebook recently of people adapting baby ducks and there was this one duck that laughed like a human and it's adorable. :heart: It also reminds me of Chandler and Joey's duck on Friends and how funny and cute it was. I think ducks are amazing, especially when they're tiny little babies and thy're all fluffy and follow you around. Having unusual pets sounds awesome in general.

I spoke to my dad last night and asked him what cake he wants me to bake for his birthday at the end of May and he said just a plain Victoria sponge. So I'm going to make one big Victoria sponge cake and then lots of mini Victoria sponge cupcakes. :excited: He said he didn't want a lot of icing on the cake which is fine, but that just means I can spread the icing over dozens of cupcakes. I really want to get good at decorating so they will take me a while to make. And because it'll take so long that'll be my birthday present to him. :present:

I'm going to relax a bit more this evening and watch some documentaries. I may or may not have my sticky toffee cake in a mug (the chocolate one was good - not amazing, but still decent). I can't decide if I want it though because I had the chocolate earlier today. :unsure: I have a bad habit of spending the morning and afternoon being reasonably healthy but when it gets to the evening I just think "oh I've been good all day I can have this chocolate / treat" which I do too often. The treat should be after a whole week of eating healthy, right? Otherwise it isn't a treat, it's just part of my daily routine of eating.

Food diary!

Lunch: 2 sunny side up eggs on brown toast
Dinner: sweet and sour chicken with rice
Snacks: ready salted crisps and chocolate

Spoiler

Good luck with your exam!! xxx
28th April 2018

I successfully went to bed at 10:30 last night :ahee: , and still at 7 I woke up really tired. :argh: I must just not be sleeping deeply then. I hope it improves the nights before my exams though. I showered this morning because I had to go to work in the afternoon, needed to be clean. It was one of those showers where you just never want to get out. Like a liquid hug. :hugs: It was glorious. :lovedup: I look forward to another one tomorrow.

I decided to order my food shopping online this week instead of going shopping. :yy: I realised I had to get lots of heavy stuff again so I thought it would be better to do it online. That means I get more time tomorrow to focus on my exam on Wednesday :work: (which is getting really close please can time stop). :please: However if the weather is good I might go for a walk just for some exercise and fresh air. :flower: I don't want to burn out so taking 90 minutes to just walk around will be really good for me. :smile:

I've got one less distraction now - no Netflix. :s-smilie: I use my boyfriend's account and he hasn't been working the past few months due to low demand :erm: so he hasn't put through the next payment to keep Netflix going. I thought about paying for it, but then that would just be a distraction again. I'm using it to my advantage to watch less Suits and look at more textbooks and notes. Smart cookie methinks. :yeah:
I've got 63 studies to memorise and I think there is only 2 or 3 that I get stuck on, other than that I'd say I've memorised them! :yay: I'm super happy with myself. :yep: Quizlet is a lifesaver. Just constantly going over their "learn" or "write" feature of flashcards - they give me the summary of the study, I have to say you did it and when. I do that over and over again until I get them all right. I'm so proud of myself for this! :excited: I'm so much more confident for my exam now because I know that I know the evidence I need to get a 2:1 (I say optimistically). :crossedf:

I had my shift at work 3-7pm, so I ate a portion of leftover sweet and sour chicken from last night before I left and that was my lunch/dinner. When I got home from work I wasn't very hungry so I just had a few nibbles on chocolate. Work was decent, I was working with the children's department today and the little cuties that come in are adorable.:heart: Some are so cute I feel it in my ovaries. :love: One of my colleagues asked if I was Australian. I've never had that before! :lolwut: She said I sound really southern (I was worried my accent was turning northern :nooo:) and slightly Australian. I got a bit self-conscious about my accent from there onwards.

I said I would do more work when I got home but tbh I don't really want to. :no: I'm worried about frying my brain. So I think I will have tomorrow as my productive day and today is a bit more relaxed. I don't work again until next Saturday so I have the whole week to be productive. I think that works well, right? :yes:

Food diary!

Breakfast: nothing really, I pretty much skipped it (except a cup of tea) because I had to eat my lunch / dinner early
Lunch/dinner: sweet and sour chicken
Snacks: chocolate and ready salted crisps

Spoiler

wait how do you balance a job and uni full time , i thought uni's recommend you don't do that ?
Original post by Ray_Shadows
wait how do you balance a job and uni full time , i thought uni's recommend you don't do that ?

My job is only 4-8 hours a week and I only have 11.5 hours on my timetable for lectures etc. All lectures have stopped because of exams. I think I would go mad without a job - it's really good to spend a few hours a week not thinking about uni work etc. I think it depends on the type of course you're on too if you should be fine to have a job too.
29th April 2018

Oh it was so good to spend more time in bed this morning. :grin: I went to sleep just after 11:30 last night. I thought that because I had been good and stuck to my routine of bedtimes in the week, I could have Saturday night as a bit more relaxed. :h: It meant I could spend more time chatting with my boyfriend, which is my favourite part of the evening. :lovie: I woke up at 7:30 and got out of bed at 8. That was lovely, just having a bit of a lazier morning. :smile: I made some tea and watched Britain's Got Talent. I'm proud of myself for having a proper breakfast this morning - a bowl of fruit and fibre cereal. :yy: My milk needs using up and I won't be able to drink enough tea to use it all before it goes bad, so having cereal is a good way to not waste any.

I finally got started on some revision and I managed to get 100% in my tests for those studies I have to learn. Self-five! :yeah: I'm so proud of that. Because I know those, I started re-visiting the actual content and other statistics I need to learn. I put on my headphones and listened to music again and that helped me focus for a bit of time. I got distracted not too long after I started though for 2 reasons. One, I was still video calling with my boyfriend so I wasn't totally focused :ashamed2: and two, I kept thinking about my weekly food shop. I decided in the end to cancel my online order and go food shopping today to get it. I really needed to use up the chicken I had in the fridge before it went bad and I needed to get some other food too for the week. So after lunch and after my boyfriend went to sleep I went to the store and got everything I needed. I'm really proud of myself again today - I now have absolutely no chocolate in my possession. :awesome: Zilch. Nothing. Not even a smidge of anything. :clap2:

The store didn't have any cashews so I got some almonds, which are my 2nd favourite. I nibbled on those in the afternoon whilst I did some more revision. I really wanted to get some strawberries but they all went out of date tomorrow :cry: and I wasn't convinced I could eat lots of strawberries today and tomorrow. So I got some pears and grapes instead. :cute: Last time I got some grapes from them they weren't seedless as I was expecting them to be, so this will be interesting. Having seeds in a grape is like running your nails over a chalkboard. Erghhugh. :eek3:

I decided that after my exam on Wednesday as a reward for getting through it (assuming I do - ha :unsure:) I will get a hot chocolate from Costa and a little treat (most likely a muffin) to say well done for doing my first uni exam. :u: I've also decided that Thursday will be a day off from work. Just relaxing, maybe painting my nails or toes, watching some films. It's important for me to have some down time after an exam. My next one won't be until the 15th so taking a day off will be fine. :yes:

Because I decided to physically go shopping instead of doing it online, I had heavy bags. I bought a rucksack specifically for food shopping. My dad said it would be easier to carry things like milk and potatoes in a bag on my back than in those bag for lifes with the handles that dig into your fingers. :s-smilie: I had a full rucksack plus two bag for lifes of food. I didn't actually buy loads, it was just bulky things, like loo roll. I also had to buy shampoo and shower gel. Why is it that toiletries always seem to run out at the same time? :hmmmm: I would prefer to buy them at different times but it never works out that way. When I got back home my arms and shoulders were beyond sore. :no: I put my bags down and that feeling was relief mixed with pain. I'll probably have sore arms tomorrow. I'm such a weak person it's ridiculous. I'm pretty sure a duck could push me over. :getmecoat:

I got a bit more work done in the afternoon, armed with trusty tea and almonds. I watched the next episode of Casualty and I am currently almost finished with the 2nd part of the Stephen Lawrence documentaries. Fascinating and tragic case. :frown: It's heartbreaking hearing his mother talk about the things she does and the way she says them. It's cases like these that got me interested in forensic psychology in the first place.

I had another liquid hug shower this afternoon. :grin: You know when you're in there so long and your finger tips go kind of like raisins? Yeah, it was that kind of shower. Those are the best showers imo. :heart: I didn't want to leave. Just as well I did though because my dad texted me asking me to ring him. He just wanted a general chat about life, see how I'm getting on. He was wishing me luck for my exam and he will try to remember to text or call before my exam on Wednesday to say it again. It seems like he is no longer angry about me going to America this summer, which is great. :woo: I don't want him to feel negatively towards me because of my boyfriend, but I feel like he probably does still, just at a lower level. I never want those two to meet because I think it'll be horrible. :sad:

I made butter chicken curry for dinner. I always add sweet potatoes to it, because that's what my mum has always done. I could have let it cook a bit longer, but the rice was already done so I didn't really want to. They were slightly crunchy, but very much delicious. :yum: I didn't have much rice left so that worried me, as this was going to make 3 portions. Turns out that amount left was kind of perfect, because it was much less than I normally have but the perfect amount for me when I ate it. I'm feeling full and that's the aim of a meal, right? I'll take this into note next time I make something with rice, using less is actually good. So now I've run out of rice, next time I will get brown rice. That's healthier for you, isn't it? :yy: I think I do like it as I'm sure I've had it before. Rice doesn't really have much flavour on its own so I don't see why I wouldn't like it.

As for this evening, I'll try and do more work because I kinda need to. I'll go to bed by 11 again today as I don't want to get into the habit of late nights and late mornings again. :no: Tomorrow I'll make sure to be super productive. I think I will be even without necessarily forcing myself to be, just because that means I can no longer say "oh my exam isn't for a few weeks / next week", I'll be saying "my exam is this week". :nooo: That normally scares me into putting my head down.

Food diary!

Breakfast: bowl of fruit and fibre cereal
Lunch: 2 sunny side up eggs on toast
Dinner: butter chicken curry
Snacks: almonds and ready salted crisps

Spoiler

29th April 2018

Oh it was so good to spend more time in bed this morning. :grin: I went to sleep just after 11:30 last night. I thought that because I had been good and stuck to my routine of bedtimes in the week, I could have Saturday night as a bit more relaxed. :h: It meant I could spend more time chatting with my boyfriend, which is my favourite part of the evening. :lovie: I woke up at 7:30 and got out of bed at 8. That was lovely, just having a bit of a lazier morning. :smile: I made some tea and watched Britain's Got Talent. I'm proud of myself for having a proper breakfast this morning - a bowl of fruit and fibre cereal. :yy: My milk needs using up and I won't be able to drink enough tea to use it all before it goes bad, so having cereal is a good way to not waste any.

I finally got started on some revision and I managed to get 100% in my tests for those studies I have to learn. Self-five! :yeah: I'm so proud of that. Because I know those, I started re-visiting the actual content and other statistics I need to learn. I put on my headphones and listened to music again and that helped me focus for a bit of time. I got distracted not too long after I started though for 2 reasons. One, I was still video calling with my boyfriend so I wasn't totally focused :ashamed2: and two, I kept thinking about my weekly food shop. I decided in the end to cancel my online order and go food shopping today to get it. I really needed to use up the chicken I had in the fridge before it went bad and I needed to get some other food too for the week. So after lunch and after my boyfriend went to sleep I went to the store and got everything I needed. I'm really proud of myself again today - I now have absolutely no chocolate in my possession. :awesome: Zilch. Nothing. Not even a smidge of anything. :clap2:

The store didn't have any cashews so I got some almonds, which are my 2nd favourite. I nibbled on those in the afternoon whilst I did some more revision. I really wanted to get some strawberries but they all went out of date tomorrow :cry: and I wasn't convinced I could eat lots of strawberries today and tomorrow. So I got some pears and grapes instead. :cute: Last time I got some grapes from them they weren't seedless as I was expecting them to be, so this will be interesting. Having seeds in a grape is like running your nails over a chalkboard. Erghhugh. :eek3:

I decided that after my exam on Wednesday as a reward for getting through it (assuming I do - ha :unsure:) I will get a hot chocolate from Costa and a little treat (most likely a muffin) to say well done for doing my first uni exam. :u: I've also decided that Thursday will be a day off from work. Just relaxing, maybe painting my nails or toes, watching some films. It's important for me to have some down time after an exam. My next one won't be until the 15th so taking a day off will be fine. :yes:

Because I decided to physically go shopping instead of doing it online, I had heavy bags. I bought a rucksack specifically for food shopping. My dad said it would be easier to carry things like milk and potatoes in a bag on my back than in those bag for lifes with the handles that dig into your fingers. :s-smilie: I had a full rucksack plus two bag for lifes of food. I didn't actually buy loads, it was just bulky things, like loo roll. I also had to buy shampoo and shower gel. Why is it that toiletries always seem to run out at the same time? :hmmmm: I would prefer to buy them at different times but it never works out that way. When I got back home my arms and shoulders were beyond sore. :no: I put my bags down and that feeling was relief mixed with pain. I'll probably have sore arms tomorrow. I'm such a weak person it's ridiculous. I'm pretty sure a duck could push me over. :getmecoat:

I got a bit more work done in the afternoon, armed with trusty tea and almonds. I watched the next episode of Casualty and I am currently almost finished with the 2nd part of the Stephen Lawrence documentaries. Fascinating and tragic case. :frown: It's heartbreaking hearing his mother talk about the things she does and the way she says them. It's cases like these that got me interested in forensic psychology in the first place.

I had another liquid hug shower this afternoon. :grin: You know when you're in there so long and your finger tips go kind of like raisins? Yeah, it was that kind of shower. Those are the best showers imo. :heart: I didn't want to leave. Just as well I did though because my dad texted me asking me to ring him. He just wanted a general chat about life, see how I'm getting on. He was wishing me luck for my exam and he will try to remember to text or call before my exam on Wednesday to say it again. It seems like he is no longer angry about me going to America this summer, which is great. :woo: I don't want him to feel negatively towards me because of my boyfriend, but I feel like he probably does still, just at a lower level. I never want those two to meet because I think it'll be horrible. :sad:

I made butter chicken curry for dinner. I always add sweet potatoes to it, because that's what my mum has always done. I could have let it cook a bit longer, but the rice was already done so I didn't really want to. They were slightly crunchy, but very much delicious. :yum: I didn't have much rice left so that worried me, as this was going to make 3 portions. Turns out that amount left was kind of perfect, because it was much less than I normally have but the perfect amount for me when I ate it. I'm feeling full and that's the aim of a meal, right? I'll take this into note next time I make something with rice, using less is actually good. So now I've run out of rice, next time I will get brown rice. That's healthier for you, isn't it? :yy: I think I do like it as I'm sure I've had it before. Rice doesn't really have much flavour on its own so I don't see why I wouldn't like it.

As for this evening, I'll try and do more work because I kinda need to. I'll go to bed by 11 again today as I don't want to get into the habit of late nights and late mornings again. :no: Tomorrow I'll make sure to be super productive. I think I will be even without necessarily forcing myself to be, just because that means I can no longer say "oh my exam isn't for a few weeks / next week", I'll be saying "my exam is this week". :nooo: That normally scares me into putting my head down.

Food diary!

Breakfast: bowl of fruit and fibre cereal
Lunch: 2 sunny side up eggs on toast
Dinner: butter chicken curry
Snacks: almonds and ready salted crisps

Spoiler

:jumphug: Can't believe I've not seen this so subbing (a bit late :sorry:)
Keep up the fab stuff DTL :lovehug:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:jumphug: Can't believe I've not seen this so subbing (a bit late :sorry:)
Keep up the fab stuff DTL :lovehug:

Thank you! :five: I love that you guys are wanting to read this :heart:
Thank you! :five: I love that you guys are wanting to read this :heart:

Well you're awesome so ofc :awesome:
:woo: you seem to be doing well! You'll smash that exam :yep: :rave: :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending