The Student Room Group

Cancelling Student Finance Application online

I have cancelled my student finance application online, but I haven't received any confirmation email to let me know the cancellation has gone through. How will I know if the cancellation has been successful?
Original post by akp456
I have cancelled my student finance application online, but I haven't received any confirmation email to let me know the cancellation has gone through. How will I know if the cancellation has been successful?

Hi akp456,

If you have cancelled your application online this will just cancel the application and no notification is issued, you will need to allow 24 hrs if you want to re-apply, you can also contact us and we can confirm if the application has been cancelled.

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 2
Hi Follow up question After cancelling the application will SFE allow student to reapply?Because when you click on the cancel application button it prompts a disclaimer describing this —You should only cancel this application if:you've started the wrong type of application (for example, you've applied for full-time finance but you're studying a part-time course)you've applied for the wrong academic yearyou're no longer planning to studyyou no longer need student finance
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Hi Follow up question After cancelling the application will SFE allow student to reapply?

Because when you click on the cancel application button it prompts a disclaimer describing this

You should only cancel this application if:

you've started the wrong type of application (for example, you've applied for full-time finance but you're studying a part-time course)
you've applied for the wrong academic year
you're no longer planning to study
you no longer need student finance
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by mmr786
Hi Follow up question After cancelling the application will SFE allow student to reapply?

Because when you click on the cancel application button it prompts a disclaimer describing this

You should only cancel this application if:

you've started the wrong type of application (for example, you've applied for full-time finance but you're studying a part-time course)
you've applied for the wrong academic year
you're no longer planning to study
you no longer need student finance

Hello,

You should be able to reapply. If not, you will need to do paper form.

Thanks, Lynsey.
Reply 5
I’ve called SFE today to cancel my application, however, the representative said he can’t cancel the application, therefore, I need to reapply with the paper form? (I’ve been assessed ineligible but I believe I am eligible as I have lived lawfully in the UK for 4years and i have supported myself financially for 34 months and prior to start of my course I will have achieved full 3 years of payslips on August 2022 and I have all my payslips for that
Original post by mmr786
I’ve called SFE today to cancel my application, however, the representative said he can’t cancel the application, therefore, I need to reapply with the paper form? (I’ve been assessed ineligible but I believe I am eligible as I have lived lawfully in the UK for 4years and i have supported myself financially for 34 months and prior to start of my course I will have achieved full 3 years of payslips on August 2022 and I have all my payslips for that

Hello,

In order to confirm your eligibility, please confirm:
1. Which university and course you are looking to commence your studies with
2. How old are you
3. Your current status and residency within the UK
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold

Thanks, Lynsey.
Reply 7
Hello,

I’ve decided to commence my study in Electronic Engineering at Royal Holloway University of London.

I am 22 years old.

I hold a pre-settled status under the EUSS scheme.

I’ve achieved: Level 3 Access to Higher Education diploma in Electronic with Software Engineering, GCSE Maths and English, Level 1 Functional skills in Maths and English.

Essentially, I have achieved the required UCAS points for my uni, however, it is frustrating that I have been rejected for loan.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by mmr786
Hello,

I’ve decided to commence my study in Electronic Engineering at Royal Holloway University of London.

I am 22 years old.

I hold a pre-settled status under the EUSS scheme.

I’ve achieved: Level 3 Access to Higher Education diploma in Electronic with Software Engineering, GCSE Maths and English, Level 1 Functional skills in Maths and English.

Essentially, I have achieved the required UCAS points for my uni, however, it is frustrating that I have been rejected for loan.

Hi there,

Can you confirm if you will be working during your studies?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 9
I am certain that I will be working during my studies to support myself financially.
Original post by mmr786
I am certain that I will be working during my studies to support myself financially.

Hi there,

Thanks, when does your course begin?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 11
My course will begin on 9th of September 2022.
Original post by mmr786
My course will begin on 9th of September 2022.

Okay, you should be able to make a 22/23 application online, what happens when you try to do this?

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending