The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston university offer holders 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

Hi All,

Have you considered The Heights in Birmingham? It's directly opposite Aston University and prices start from just £149 per week, including all bills and contents insurance (helps to avoid any arguments over the electric bill :wink:). Properties are staffed 24/7, so there's always someone around. There's even an onsite gym and a thriving social calendar, so there's plenty of time to get to know your fellow residents.

Get in touch if you'd like to arrange a viewing.
CW
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Hi, I can’t seem to find it worded plainly or maybe I’m not looking well out of nervousness, but I’m assuming we move into our accommodation on the first day of freshers week?
Original post by Aston University
We hope to welcome you, HighFructose!

Our campus in in the city centre, with walkable routes to the 3 main stations that connect us UK-wide - as well as excellent bus and tram lines for more local students.

I'm happy to help with anything to do with commuting (or just about anything else!), if you'd like any information that's a bit more tailored and personal.

^Dec

Hi, what does a typical first year BSc Computer science Student's timetable look like? How many hours of lectures/tutorials and etc are there?
Original post by mediocremess
Hi, I can’t seem to find it worded plainly or maybe I’m not looking well out of nervousness, but I’m assuming we move into our accommodation on the first day of freshers week?

Move In Weekend for campus accommodation is 15th & 16th September.

^Sadie
How many people do computer science per year at Aston?
Hi I haven’t got any emails regarding when freshers week is or when the start dates are even though I have received an offer. I haven’t got an email to set up an Aston portal account yet either....
Reply 27
Original post by username4227360
Hi I haven’t got any emails regarding when freshers week is or when the start dates are even though I have received an offer. I haven’t got an email to set up an Aston portal account yet either....

Same no information or any updates. I’m not even aware of when the term starts.
Hey if anyone sees this and is starting french at aston this year reply to this pls, I haven’t spoken to anyone from my course yet and it would be cool to get to know some people 😋
Hi, I've applied through clearing over a week ago and I haven't heard anything back about online enrolment or some kind of student portal. I would really like to know more about the course I am starting ( Chemistry) such as knowing if there is a reading list or any work that should be done before the course starts.
I am applying for international business and management at Aston university my predicted grades are D*, D*, D* in business level 3 extended diploma. I have 7 GCSE, C in maths and B in English. The entry requirements for this course is DDD with 5 GCSE and C in both maths and English. What are my chances of getting in. Response ASAP would be appreciated. Thank you.
Reply 31
Hiya, I was woundering is Aston university flexible in changing courses because ive currenlty applied to International business and eocnomics reciving an offer but kind of want to change it to eocnomics and mangement due to the better optional modules in that course. I kind of need some advice on which course is better in regards to job prospects as I would like to go into Banking.

Also I cant find any statistics that show the graduate prospects of each course, such as the percentage of people in employment after 6 months or average annual salaries?

Really would help if you could let me know on any of the above?
Original post by DBU-3
Hiya, I was woundering is Aston university flexible in changing courses because ive currenlty applied to International business and eocnomics reciving an offer but kind of want to change it to eocnomics and mangement due to the better optional modules in that course. I kind of need some advice on which course is better in regards to job prospects as I would like to go into Banking.

Also I cant find any statistics that show the graduate prospects of each course, such as the percentage of people in employment after 6 months or average annual salaries?

Really would help if you could let me know on any of the above?

Hi,

Our business courses all offer a shared first year, so it shouldn't be too much trouble to switch. However, you might want to flag this with our admissions team and seeing if they'll let you switch before the fact, you may need to be holding your results to do so though.

Currently using whatuni, our International Business & Economics and Economics & Management courses are identical in terms of outcomes, with an 87% employment rate after 6 months and an average starting salary of £26,000 around £2,000 above the average salary for economics graduates.

Hope that helps. Any questions just give me a nudge.

Josh :smile:
Reply 33
Hi,

Our business courses all offer a shared first year, so it shouldn't be too much trouble to switch. However, you might want to flag this with our admissions team and seeing if they'll let you switch before the fact, you may need to be holding your results to do so though.

Currently using whatuni, our International Business & Economics and Economics & Management courses are identical in terms of outcomes, with an 87% employment rate after 6 months and an average starting salary of £26,000 around £2,000 above the average salary for economics graduates.

Hope that helps. Any questions just give me a nudge.

Josh :smile:

Thank you for your reply and the Statistics!
I will contact the admissions team and i've booked an applicant day for the 12th of December so I can speak to them then as well.
Thanks for all your help:smile:
Original post by DBU-3
Thank you for your reply and the Statistics!
I will contact the admissions team and i've booked an applicant day for the 12th of December so I can speak to them then as well.
Thanks for all your help:smile:

No problem at all,

Hope you have a great applicant visit day, make sure you try to visit again in the summer too, the campus is gorgeous when it isn't the dead of winter.

:smile:

Josh
i have an interview this sat (8th December) for pharmacy at Aston. any advice/tips as I get really nervous in interviews
Original post by Sharemine
i have an interview this sat (8th December) for pharmacy at Aston. any advice/tips as I get really nervous in interviews

Hey. Congratulations on getting an interview!! Just try and stay calm, and remember that no one goes into a nervous feeling completely relaxed! Also dont forget to sell yourself. Good luck im sure youll smash it!!
Reply 37
No problem at all,

Hope you have a great applicant visit day, make sure you try to visit again in the summer too, the campus is gorgeous when it isn't the dead of winter.

Josh

Ok I will do!
Hi,

I want to know (MSc)Human resource management’s professional ranking.
Reply 39
Ive applied for International Business and management I have 7GCSE including C in math and a B in English. My predicted is D*D*D* for business level 3 extended diploma. How are my chances of getting in.

Quick Reply

Latest