The Student Room Group

Health and social care exams

I studied BTEC health and social care extended certificate level 3 in my first year of A Levels.
I did
Unit 1 (exam unit) human lifespan development
Unit 2 (exam unit) working in health and social care
Unit 5 (course work) Meeting individuals care and support needs
Unit 12 (course work) supporting individuals with additional needs

My teacher told me that i have a distinction in both my course works which is 50%. I did not get the result of my two exams yet. My question are: do you guys think or know if i would pass this because i already have 50% in both my course works and when do the BTEC results for health and social care come out?
Original post by Strawberries22
I studied BTEC health and social care extended certificate level 3 in my first year of A Levels.
I did
Unit 1 (exam unit) human lifespan development
Unit 2 (exam unit) working in health and social care
Unit 5 (course work) Meeting individuals care and support needs
Unit 12 (course work) supporting individuals with additional needs

My teacher told me that i have a distinction in both my course works which is 50%. I did not get the result of my two exams yet. My question are: do you guys think or know if i would pass this because i already have 50% in both my course works and when do the BTEC results for health and social care come out?

hi could you please help me with my unit 5 course work Im really struggling with it. :smile:
Yes, what help do you need?
Yes, what help do you need?

Hi yes please thanks sorry if its late. Its the unit 5 meeting individuals care support and needs i have done the work but somehow my teacher gave me a resub i really dont know why.
Im hoping if you could help me with the P's because my teacher's nature is like this we the student hand in our work and after some days of checking it they will give us a resub, and not to mention our teachers doesn't give us a clear explanation at all. I got the resub today and im petrified and now my teacher wants me to hand the resub this Thursday... im so not a robot 😭😭😭 my teacher isn't considerate to us as well😭😭😭
sarah&gt
Hi yes please thanks sorry if its late. Its the unit 5 meeting individuals care support and needs i have done the work but somehow my teacher gave me a resub i really dont know why.
Im hoping if you could help me with the P's because my teacher's nature is like this we the student hand in our work and after some days of checking it they will give us a resub, and not to mention our teachers doesn't give us a clear explanation at all. I got the resub today and im petrified and now my teacher wants me to hand the resub this Thursday... im so not a robot 😭😭😭 my teacher isn't considerate to us as well😭😭😭

Do u have the Health and social care book?
Do u have the Health and social care book?
yes i do both of them
sarah&gt
yes i do both of them

Unit 5: The info you need for your P tasks is all written in the book. Read the relevant pages and write the info in your own words and link it back to your chosen case study. You can do further research online on some topics and write it down but then reference them. You can write up to 2 pages for one P, however for some P like P3 and P6 you can just write 1 page. Hope the information down will be helpful. If you need any more help ask.**

P1: talk about what equality, diversity, discrimination is. Link it back to your chosen case studies. (Book page 236-238)

P2: write about the different skills (example 6 C’s) and attributes a carer needs to look after a person who has a disability or mental illness. Link the info back to your chose case studies. (Book page 239-242)

P3: write about the ethical principles and link back to chosen case study (book page 247)****

P4: Write about the different communication techniques and different types of communication + alternative ways of communication. Link back to chosen case study. (book page 267-272)****

P5: Write about types of challenges, how to identify these challenges, ways to avoid challenges, different policies put in place to deal with challenge, talk about what personalisation is, why we should promote it and the importance of promoting it. Link back to chosen case study.*** (book page:256-266)

P6: explain why we need different organisation to look after people with needs. (book page 276, the top paragraph). To find out more about why we need different organisation to look after people with needs, you can do some online research.***

P7: write about the duty of these organisations, what are their responsibilities? Link back to chosen case study. (Book page: 276-281)

P8: talk about patient’s health info are organized and managed in the health care sector. (Book page:286-288)*
Unit 5: The info you need for your P tasks is all written in the book. Read the relevant pages and write the info in your own words and link it back to your chosen case study. You can do further research online on some topics and write it down but then reference them. You can write up to 2 pages for one P, however for some P like P3 and P6 you can just write 1 page. Hope the information down will be helpful. If you need any more help ask.**

P1: talk about what equality, diversity, discrimination is. Link it back to your chosen case studies. (Book page 236-238)

P2: write about the different skills (example 6 C’s) and attributes a carer needs to look after a person who has a disability or mental illness. Link the info back to your chose case studies. (Book page 239-242)

P3: write about the ethical principles and link back to chosen case study (book page 247)****

P4: Write about the different communication techniques and different types of communication + alternative ways of communication. Link back to chosen case study. (book page 267-272)****

P5: Write about types of challenges, how to identify these challenges, ways to avoid challenges, different policies put in place to deal with challenge, talk about what personalisation is, why we should promote it and the importance of promoting it. Link back to chosen case study.*** (book page:256-266)

P6: explain why we need different organisation to look after people with needs. (book page 276, the top paragraph). To find out more about why we need different organisation to look after people with needs, you can do some online research.***

P7: write about the duty of these organisations, what are their responsibilities? Link back to chosen case study. (Book page: 276-281)

P8: talk about patient’s health info are organized and managed in the health care sector. (Book page:286-288)*

thank you for breaking it down for me and after this could you please help me my other units? for now i want to secure passes and after it the M's and so on
[QUOTE=sarah
(edited 5 years ago)
sarah&gt
thank you for breaking it down for me and after this could you please help me my other units? for now i want to secure passes and after it the M's and so on

yes if i know the unit i can help
yes if i know the unit i can help

heya i have done the P's for unit 5 and now im stuck with unit 19 the nutrition i dont know if i can do it its so big please help me if your available thanks
sarah&gt
heya i have done the P's for unit 5 and now im stuck with unit 19 the nutrition i dont know if i can do it its so big please help me if your available thanks

Sorry for the late replay, I was a bit busy. Sorry i did not do unit 19.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending