The Student Room Group

National 5 Spanish 2017-18

:wavey:

Anyone doing Nat 5 Spanish tomorrow? How are you feeling about the exam? And which of the three sections are you least looking forward to?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucy3107
I’m in the exact same position, I’m kinda freaking out too. The only thing I know is that they used “your level of Spanish” and “why you want this job” last year so they’re least likely. The year before that was “when you’re available to work in the summer” and “your future career plans”. My guess is that they’re gonna ask something to do with any questions about the job and possibly (hopefully not) contact/links to do with the country. Hope that helps! ¡Buena Suerte!

Original post by nat5student
hi guys, ive got my nat 5 spanish exam tomorrow and im a bit worried about the two mystery bullet points. i have been getting 16/20s in practices but im scared that my mark will drop if i mess up the last two bullet points. do yous have any idea what the two bullet points might be?!?! thank uuu

Good luck to you both! Here's the exam thread for Nat 5 Spanish, where you can post any last minute questions and tell us how you got on after the exam tomorrow :smile: Good luck :smile:
My exams in 4 hours and I'm suddenly d y i n g :hide:
Good luck everyone!!
Good luck for the exam this afternoon everyone! :smile:
Original post by byunwonie
My exams in 4 hours and I'm suddenly d y i n g :hide:
Good luck everyone!!

Just take it one question at a time, relax as much as you can before you go in (if other people are getting jittery before going in the room, just get away from them) and make sure you have everything you need, including water in a clear bottle without a lable.

Good luck! You can do this! :smile:
How did everyone find the exam this afternoon?
The writing was so much better than I thought it was going to be, the reading was harder but not hard so I think the first part went fine :smile:
The listening seemed easy but then again I am usually utterly terrible at listening
Overall I'm quite happy with how it went :biggrin:
The writing was so much better than I thought it was going to be, the reading was harder but not hard so I think the first part went fine :smile:
The listening seemed easy but then again I am usually utterly terrible at listening
Overall I'm quite happy with how it went :biggrin:

That's great that you are happy with how it went! Was this your first ever SQA exam?
Original post by amber100
I thought the second part of the listening exam was quite hard. How did you find the listening?

Listening for languages is something a lot of people struggle with, so I'm sure you won't have been alone! (Sorry, I should have been clearer, in that I wasn't sitting the exam myself, just keen to find out how everyone got on :smile:)

What's your next one?
Original post by Labrador99
Listening for languages is something a lot of people struggle with, so I'm sure you won't have been alone! (Sorry, I should have been clearer, in that I wasn't sitting the exam myself, just keen to find out how everyone got on :smile:)

What's your next one?

I have maths this Friday, hopefully it goes okay
I have maths this Friday, hopefully it goes okay

Good luck! Take some time off this evening, then get back to whatever studying works for you tomorrow :smile:
How did everyone find the reading? There was a few questions that I found a bit confusing :frown: also I don't know how those two unknown bullet points went
For my unpredictable I already answered during my free time in my 3 main paragraph but I added a bit extra at the end and made 3 spelling mistakes in my unpredictable but I’m scared incase they mark me down because I also forgot to include some accents in my writing. I’m so scared now, considering how difficult I found that reading and also I missed wee points in the reading which they mark you down for:frown:(
I did the same. I realised that some of the things I wrote in my job application didn't make sense after I left the exam :frown: and don't worry too much, you will have done much better than you think!
Original post by Jannxxxxx
For my unpredictable I already answered during my free time in my 3 main paragraph but I added a bit extra at the end and made 3 spelling mistakes in my unpredictable but I’m scared incase they mark me down because I also forgot to include some accents in my writing. I’m so scared now, considering how difficult I found that reading and also I missed wee points in the reading which they mark you down for:frown:(
Hopefully🤞🏼Thank you, did you find the reading difficult and the listening?
The technology text in the reading was quite difficult, but I found the listening very easy (I hope that doesn't mean I've messed up) how did you find them overall?
I found a lot of the reading difficult. I also mentioned my free time in my main paragraphs and I should have just left it but at the end I added on another bit about my free time and realised Ive made spelling mistakes which I’m worried they penilise me for now. As for listening, I hope that went okay, feel like I’m over estimating how I done on that because I usually find that the hardest. Hope the SQA lower the grade boundaries as I know a lot of people found reading in particular very difficult.
I found the second part of the listening quite hard as there were some words that I didn't understand. Coming to think of it some of my answers didn't make that much sense either ...

Original post by RedHeadphones
So how did everyone find the exam? I'd say it was pretty easy, give or take a couple questions. Messed up a little on the listening though...

Here's the main thread I mentioned- plenty of other people here discussing the exam :smile:
In the technology part of the reading, did anyone understand what "mapas co... en linea" meant? That was the only thing I couldn't find in the dictionary :s-smilie:
I put something like they made mind maps online as a complete guess
In the technology part of the reading, did anyone understand what "mapas co... en linea" meant? That was the only thing I couldn't find in the dictionary :s-smilie:
I put something like they made mind maps online as a complete guess

I put something really stupid, I think I said that they 'carry out concept maps online' or something, really wish i would have said mind maps :frown: I was predicted an A band 1, but now I'll be lucky to still get an A :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending