The Student Room Group

Bunking school for revision

At my school, study leave begins after the first week of exams, so I was wondering if i should bunk, the week before the exams and the first week of exams so i can revise more at home? BTW, i would revise more effectively at home since school has too many distractions and its a waste of time since I have to travel to school an hour there and back

Scroll to see replies

I don't get study leave at my school Do u mean like bunk so u miss the exams mabey speak to your school see what they can offer
I meeeeeaaan if you're seriously going to benefit from it and you won't just sleep until 2pm then I guess but I've always found that the environment in a school used to make me revise for longer
No because you can miss vital information thatsd what my skl thought and nobody gets study leave
I left school a lot for gcse revision. No point being at school all day with little shits who don't care and teachers who are useless
Original post by ItsPenguin
At my school, study leave begins after the first week of exams, so I was wondering if i should bunk, the week before the exams and the first week of exams so i can revise more at home? BTW, i would revise more effectively at home since school has too many distractions and its a waste of time since I have to travel to school an hour there and back

Yes if you know you’ll work better. I revised most efficiently at home for my GCSES and got 9 A*s. However some revision sessions are useful especially from good teachers, for exam technique etc
This is dependent on your teachers, classroom and learning environment and style.
Original post by meediaabid
I meeeeeaaan if you're seriously going to benefit from it and you won't just sleep until 2pm then I guess but I've always found that the environment in a school used to make me revise for longer

What do you meeeeeaaaaaaan?
Original post by Shabby33

That's how I speak don't hate me cos u ain't me

What makes you think I hate youuuuuu?
Mine starts after 2weeks of exams :frown:

Cos u ain't me
Cos u ain't me

I dont wanna be youuuu though?
Reply 13
Honestly, I would say go for it. IF you have finished all your topics in class and now you're just doing pointless " revision lessons" when you know you would have more time and freedom to revise when and how you want in times for your exams. I did during my GCSE's and it was the best decision of my life going to a library and having the time to revise what I wanted and needed before vital exams and I plan to do it again soon with my A levels.

Once you've established the exam paper style, mark scheme, learnt every topic there isn't really a point to go in and here the same words when you can be out there learning more vital things you need. Attendance shouldn't matter at this stage and shouldn't stop you from getting vital revision. :smile:
yes do it, thats what im planning on doing

Can someone please shut this weirdo down

Cos u ain't me

Typical TSR toddlers at play.
Original post by L S

It's not authentic wholemeal banter
Damn, my school is doing exactly the same as yours and this is what I was thinking of doing. I procrastinate quite a lot at home, but I know (because I’ve done it before) that if I went to the library I would be very productive. I’m not sure if that would sit well with my parents though
Original post by L S

It's not authentic wholemeal banter

Boring.

Quick Reply

Latest