The Student Room Group

Advice on boyfriend going away for 3 months?

So the thing is this, he said he wants a break cos he doesn't want to hold me back when he goes home, but I don't want to meet anyone else, cos I'm not interested in anyone else. But then we argued and nothing is solved. What should I do?
Original post by Anonymous
So the thing is this, he said he wants a break cos he doesn't want to hold me back when he goes home, but I don't want to meet anyone else, cos I'm not interested in anyone else. But then we argued and nothing is solved. What should I do?

He doesn't sound fully committed, perhaps it's him who feels he'd be held back rather than what he's saying.
Why does he want a break? Yes long distance relationships are difficult but they are not impossible. It just sounds like an excuse on his part so he could make him self feel better. Tell him if he wants a break then it’s going to be a full break up or no break up. If you do part ways remember there are other people and you’ll find someone better 🌸🌷
^

Somebody saying they don't want to hold you back is his way of trying to break it off with you by making you think it's a good idea like he does, in my opinion at least.
Reply 4
Okay so, I should just break it off with him. I have written a few notes on what I could do, and I will discuss the questions you guys raised with him tonight. Thankyou for the advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending