The Student Room Group

Sturggling to sit down and do revision

Hi everyone

Im sure we all know its Exam season now and im off school for studying. Im going to the University of Hertforshire in September to do Aerospace Systems engineering with Pilot studies Beng with an unconditional offer.

Despite this I still want to get the best grades I can out of my A-Levels.

My problem is I cant sit down and revisie for a good length of time , I just leave it or stare blankly at my work / books.

Anybody got any tips for revision and studying in general?

Many thanks :smile:
Original post by MatthewAV8B
Hi everyone

Im sure we all know its Exam season now and im off school for studying. Im going to the University of Hertforshire in September to do Aerospace Systems engineering with Pilot studies Beng with an unconditional offer.

My problem is I cant sit down and revisie for a good length of time , I just leave it or stare blankly at my work / books.

Just have a definite plan for each day and study in 30/45/60 minute units, then take a 10 min break.

If you want the best grades possible then you need to put the effort in. You dont say what grades you are on, but good A levels are still useful for employers, personal pride and your parents. Up to you get on with it or accept poorer grades. Your choice.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Just have a definite plan for each day and study in 30/45/60 minute units, then take a 10 min break.

If you want the best grades possible then you need to put the effort in. You dont say what grades you are on, but good A levels are still useful for employers, personal pride and your parents. Up to you get on with it or accept poorer grades. Your choice.

Thats fair enough , Ill give your idea a run.

Thanks for the reply :smile:
Have a good revision schedule because if you have that, then you will be less likely to procrastinate.
Reward yourself for doing the best you can - if you do revision and you think you did it amazingly, then give yourself a bar of chocolate or something.

Hope everything goes well :smile:
Original post by MatthewAV8B
Hi everyone

Try and revise in an empty room where you won’t be disturbed, or a studying environment. At home, avoid your bedroom or communal rooms as you will be easily distracted.
Reward yourself after a certain amount of work has been done. For example I put my phone on silent in another room and only check it after I’ve done a lecture worth of revision (usually hourly).
Reply 5
Original post by HowToBeBlobfish2
Have a good revision schedule because if you have that, then you will be less likely to procrastinate.
Reward yourself for doing the best you can - if you do revision and you think you did it amazingly, then give yourself a bar of chocolate or something.

Hope everything goes well :smile:

Thank you very much! Ill try that now.

Have a great exam season :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by carrotstar
Try and revise in an empty room where you won’t be disturbed, or a studying environment. At home, avoid your bedroom or communal rooms as you will be easily distracted.
Reward yourself after a certain amount of work has been done. For example I put my phone on silent in another room and only check it after I’ve done a lecture worth of revision (usually hourly).

I work in my bedroom but im sure itll be worth changing room , as all of my stuff is in there.

Ill give it a go!

Have a great exam season :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending