The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is he related to the Tuna guy John West? Or the killer Fred West?
Reply 2
He’s off his rocker. I honestly don’t believe he means what he says with malicious intent. And let’s spare a thought to 2016 when he started going on like this and ended up in a psych ward. He has a tendency to suddenly spew a load of crazy stuff, and though some people think it’s for publicity, remember that he was forced to cancel most of his tour to go into hospital and he’s married to a kardashian so he’s hardly in need of new ways to get attention.
Original post by George.Harrison
Is he related to the Tuna guy John West? Or the killer Fred West?

:biggrin: You never know these days
Original post by cat_mac
He’s off his rocker. I honestly don’t believe he means what he says with malicious intent. And let’s spare a thought to 2016 when he started going on like this and ended up in a psych ward. He has a tendency to suddenly spew a load of crazy stuff, and though some people think it’s for publicity, remember that he was forced to cancel most of his tour to go into hospital and he’s married to a kardashian so he’s hardly in need of new ways to get attention.

I understand what you mean. But he also does this when he's about to drop an album or something - makes me reconsider things.
Reply 5
Original post by Deane145
I understand what you mean. But he also does this when he's about to drop an album or something - makes me reconsider things.

It is a possibility, but it might actually be something that is triggered by the pressure of a new album, tour, work commitments. In a way he could be self sabotaging by making people focus on the strange things he says rather than critique something that took a lot of work and means something to him. None of us can know for sure but I would always take whatever he says with a pinch of salt as we don’t know what’s going on in his head and behind closed doors.
Reply 6
He's not had s hit song in ages, he's as irrelevant as that fat arsed bimbo he's with.
Original post by SMEGGGY
He's not had s hit song in ages, he's as irrelevant as that fat arsed bimbo he's with.

They're everywhere. Both of them. I'm wondering if Kim has anything to do with his changed personality.
Reply 8
Original post by Deane145
They're everywhere. Both of them. I'm wondering if Kim has anything to do with his changed personality.

He didn't have much of one to begin with mate.
Well obviously
He's the greatest modern-day artist
Original post by Hirsty97

you misspelled 'bell end'
after his fcking retarded new song nothing would surprise me anymore
I think his intentions are genuine. He's going about it chaoticly however. He probably does actually support Trump and pretty much just wants to go against the grain of what is 'acceptable' to do /think/ say as an African American. Or even more as a black person. His arguments are all over the place sometimes and need to be expanded on...when presented to the average person that does not read between the lines... but in general, if I really sit down and think about it, I generally understand what he's trying to say. And to be frank, I love it.
Original post by cat_mac

Original post by cat_mac
It is a possibility, but it might actually be something that is triggered by the pressure of a new album, tour, work commitments. In a way he could be self sabotaging by making people focus on the strange things he says rather than critique something that took a lot of work and means something to him. None of us can know for sure but I would always take whatever he says with a pinch of salt as we don’t know what’s going on in his head and behind closed doors.

Original post by Hirsty97

Kanye West spoke of himself as a HSP = Highly Sensitive Person, emphasising that he is above all an artist. His most recent interview (number 1 trending on Youtube) was quite rational and impressive. He talked about his journey of learning in the past year, how he is humble in the acknowledgement of what he does not know and why it is necessary to move beyond electing Democrats. He also explained how competition with other artists impacted him and how he was treated at different stages in his business ventures. He also spoke of conventional language of 2018 as limiting to what he actually feels and would like to express, which would be in the language of 2030+.
Publicity and it's working...
Being 'edgy' and 'controversial' is a tried and tested method of keeping yourself 'current', it's all part of the business.
If you read his wiki there's a lot of interesting juicy stuff :OOO
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanye_West
Scoop de woop
Original post by Axiomasher
Being 'edgy' and 'controversial' is a tried and tested method of keeping yourself 'current', it's all part of the business.

Exactly!

Latest

Trending

Trending