The Student Room Group

How unfair! Maths sets limiting my grades!

Right guys!
Is it just me that finds it stupid that on a foundation paper you cannot get a grade 6 to 9! My maths teecher told me that 100 percent would only get me a grade 5. On a higher paper a grade 7 is 45 percent. As this is what I got on my foundation paper shouldn’t I have been awarded a grade 7 not a 2? The people with low targets are being discriminated against especially considearing I revise for 5 minutes a day JUST ON MATHS . I was hoping for a grade 8 but I’m not sure it’s going to happen :frown: any help from people would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys✌️

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
5 minutes a day? Did you mean five hours?
Original post by Roxirin
5 minutes a day? Did you mean five hours?

No , but I do spend up to 20 minutes on a weekend. What about you?
Original post by llortegarevaru
Right guys!
Is it just me that finds it stupid that on a foundation paper you cannot get a grade 6 to 9! My maths teecher told me that 100 percent would only get me a grade 5. On a higher paper a grade 7 is 45 percent. As this is what I got on my foundation paper shouldn’t I have been awarded a grade 7 not a 2? The people with low targets are being discriminated against especially considearing I revise for 5 minutes a day JUST ON MATHS . I was hoping for a grade 8 but I’m not sure it’s going to happen :frown: any help from people would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys✌️

Really? That’s just impossible! You only do 5 minutes a day, are you sure?
Right guys!

do you believe revising 5 minutes a day on maths is a lot of time?
Original post by JamandJelly
do you believe revising 5 minutes a day on maths is a lot of time?

Well yeah , maths is important
Well yeah , maths is important

ok you're obviously a troll who has too much time on their hands ... :s-smilie:
You can't a 6 on a foundation paper sorry bud

What’s a troll, I’m not like a green shrek

Doesn’t he mean 5 hours
Original post by primrosered
Doesn’t he mean 5 hours

No , that would be insane!!!
Original post by primrosered
Doesn’t he mean 5 hours

no because someone already asked him that and he said he actually spends 5 minutes a day on maths this is a troll wasting everyone's time
With five minutes a day you could probably sit the higher instead??? Ask your teacher :smile:
no because someone already asked him that and he said he actually spends 5 minutes a day on maths this is a troll wasting everyone's time

Oh okay, sorry
Right guys!

5 minutes a day is nothing. If you want to do the higher paper, you need to be doing at least 1 hour, preferably 2 but making sure it is effective time. 5 minutes is barely enough time to get your notebook open and sharpen your pencil.

It is fair, because the foundation paper allows the less mathsy people a chance at passing their GCSE. If they did the higher they might not.
Original post by Sataris
With five minutes a day you could probably sit the higher instead??? Ask your teacher :smile:

Do you think so, I’ll ask. Thanks😁
No , but I do spend up to 20 minutes on a weekend. What about you?

I didn't revise for my GCSE's and got 8 A's, 2 B's, and 2 C's.

That being said, five minutes isn't even enough to read through a past paper. You should be doing like, an hour or two a night on weekdays and like three or four hours on weekends.

I take coursework subjects now so it's technically not hypocrisy :P
Revising for 5 minutes a day is pretty impressive considering this guys an absolute turnip with a 0.1 inch wiener :centipe::gfight::grouphugs::turban:
well foundation is obviously easier...
Original post by DrawTheLine
5 minutes a day is nothing. If you want to do the higher paper, you need to be doing at least 1 hour, preferably 2 but making sure it is effective time. 5 minutes is barely enough time to get your notebook open and sharpen your pencil.

It is fair, because the foundation paper allows the less mathsy people a chance at passing their GCSE. If they did the higher they might not.

Well it seems to be working though. I’ll try to do more then. And I’d pass a higher paper any day!!

Quick Reply

Latest