London
Reply 1
Bump :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Jasmeets507
Hello everyone. Merry Christmas! I have received an offer letter from LSE for MSc in Organisational and Social Psychology. The course structure and faculty are appealing. I am in a daze; whether to avail it or not because the course isn't accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS). Is BPS accreditation imperative for job or PhD in the UK?

Hi,

How are you doing? Did you accept the offer (I know too late to ask)? Also, if you could give me an overview of your profile (Grades, work ex etc.)

Thanks
Reply 3
Hello. I am very well. Hope you are good too. I did my under graduation with honours in psychology from India. I have done three internships and published two research papers. That's me in a nutshell.
Reply 4
Hello. I am very well. Hope you are good too. I did my under graduation with honours in psychology from India. I have done three internships and published two research papers. That's me in a nutshell.

Oh Great! i wish to apply for the same course but for the next intake ( Sep 2019). Not too sure of my undergrad grades. Hope you don't mind me asking what was your aggregate like?

:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by rm0289
Oh Great! i wish to apply for the same course but for the next intake ( Sep 2019). Not too sure of my undergrad grades. Hope you don't mind me asking what was your aggregate like?

:smile:

All the best for your application next year. My CGPA was 8.00. They consider a lot of factors than just academic merit such as, your letters of recommendation, statement of purpose, research work etc.
All the best for your application next year. My CGPA was 8.00. They consider a lot of factors than just academic merit such as, your letters of recommendation, statement of purpose, research work etc.

Did you accept your offer to study at LSE? If you accepted it can you give any input on the course and career prospects? I just received an offer and am debating what to do.
Reply 7
Firstly, congratulations on getting an offer from LSE. I received an offer from LSE but chose not to accept it because I received a scholarship from the University of Nottingham, UK. Also, I got to know that LSE's course is not accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS). Since, I am interested in applying for chartership, I thought that going for an accredited course would be wiser. Having said that, if you are not interested in chartership and want to gain knowledge in psychology then accepting an offer from LSE would be a good decision.

I hope my answer was a bit helpful.

All the best!
-Jasmeet Singh
Reply 8
Firstly, congratulations on getting an offer from LSE. I received an offer from LSE but chose not to accept it because I received a scholarship from the University of Nottingham, UK. Also, I got to know that LSE's course is not accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS). Since, I am interested in applying for chartership, I thought that going for an accredited course would be wiser. Having said that, if you are not interested in chartership and want to gain knowledge in psychology then accepting an offer from LSE would be a good decision.

I hope my answer was a bit helpful.

All the best!
-Jasmeet Singh

Hi Jasmeet,

Ive created an account just to ask you this! Im also a student from India, currently doing TYBA in sociology and psychology. I want to apply for organisational psych in uk, but i was worried about GBC accreditation, because it seems in order to apply to a masters course that is accredited by the BPS, you'd first require an undergraduate degree that is accredited by them. I was wondering if you applied for GBC? if not, how did you enter a masters that confers accreditation.

thank you so much for your help
Reply 9
Hello Raeign,

Thank you for your message. I did Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Psychology from the University of Delhi. I completed my graduation in 2017 and took a break of an year. When I decided to pursue post-graduation in the UK, my final year results were already with me. I am presently pursuing MSc in occupational psychology at the University of Nottingham (UoN). I did not accept the offer from LSE as I got a scholarship from UoN. The course at UoN is accredited by BPS. Before my application, I applied for Graduate Basis for Chartered (GBC) membership (https://www.bps.org.uk/join-us/membership/graduate-membership). I sent them my under graduate transcripts and a copy of the course curriculum (syllabus of the entire degree). They approved my application and I became eligible to apply for accredited courses. I think you can apply for GBC if you do not have your final year results yet. Also, if BPS does not recognise your degree then there is no need to worry, there are many unaccredited courses that are as good as accredited ones. For instance, the University of Nottingham runs a course called Work and Organisational Psychology. The course structure is same as occupational psychology, in fact the classes are also held together. That course has many international students from Asia and Europe.

Hope it helps!

If you have any other question then feel free to ask me.

Regards
Jasmeet Singh
Original post by raeign
Hi Jasmeet,

Ive created an account just to ask you this! Im also a student from India, currently doing TYBA in sociology and psychology. I want to apply for organisational psych in uk, but i was worried about GBC accreditation, because it seems in order to apply to a masters course that is accredited by the BPS, you'd first require an undergraduate degree that is accredited by them. I was wondering if you applied for GBC? if not, how did you enter a masters that confers accreditation.

thank you so much for your help
Reply 10
I did Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Psychology from the University of Delhi.

That explains a lot :tongue:
I probably wont get GBC because my course lacked inferential stats. I was thinking of doing a non accredited degree but I dont know what the work opportunities would be like in the UK. Thanks for your help anyway.
You're most welcome. Your job prospects would not be affected by whether you pursue an accredited or unaccredited course. If you are interested in higher education or lectureship then it could be an issue.
Original post by raeign
That explains a lot :tongue:
I probably wont get GBC because my course lacked inferential stats. I was thinking of doing a non accredited degree but I dont know what the work opportunities would be like in the UK. Thanks for your help anyway.
Hi,I had this question as well. I was rejected from LSE after being put on their waiting list and was planning on reapplying next year when I read about BPS accreditation. I currently have offer letters from City College and the University of East London which are both BPS accredited courses but I was planning on declining their offers to retry for LSE. I have also applied to UCL which is also non-accredited but am yet to receive their response. I have a BA in psychology from India and I would like to work as an organizational psychologist in consultancies after my Masters in the UK (i.e. I do not want to study further). How would my job prospects be affected if I do my master's from LSE or UCL? What other factors would be affected by not doing a course that is accredited?Thank you for your answers in advance :smile: