The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

What size are 3/4 beds lol?

Guys,

I’ve just found out that my uni room in halls that I’ve been assigned to for September will have a “3/4 bed”. I’ve got a place in liberty hall.

What size bedding do people use for a 3/4 bed???

Anyone know ?!

( I know a 3/4 bed is between a single and a small double but idk whether to buy a single or double DUVET COVER? )
Normally double bed duvet but you need to by 4ft fitted sheets for matress and matress protector.
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by melliottme
Normally double bed duvet but you need to by 4ft fitted sheets for matress and matress protector.

Thank You for replying!!!! Would a single look too small on a 3/4? Or should I just go for double? I’m not too bothered which I bring I just need to know which to bring hehe. :smile:
Reply 3
I had the same question!
I just used double everything (including sheets, I just tucked the excess underneath the mattress). A double duvet hung over the bed slightly but a single would look too small in my opinion.
Get double stuff :smile:
Original post by 123hwhw
Thank You for replying!!!! Would a single look too small on a 3/4? Or should I just go for double? I’m not too bothered which I bring I just need to know which to bring hehe. :smile:

Double. Check when aldi or lidl will have them as often nearer the time they will have students deals like kettles toasters etc for the new students going to university for the first time.
Reply 7
Original post by 123hwhw
Guys,

I’ve just found out that my uni room in halls that I’ve been assigned to for September will have a “3/4 bed”. I’ve got a place in liberty hall.

What size bedding do people use for a 3/4 bed???

Anyone know ?!

( I know a 3/4 bed is between a single and a small double but idk whether to buy a single or double DUVET COVER? )

I'd suggest double bedding.
When did you apply and hear back for your accommodation? I applied ages ago with an unconditional and my application isn't even "processing" yet!
Original post by 123hwhw

Single will be too small, get a double! They fit perfectly for me when I had a 3/4 in first year :smile:
Hi There!Well done on getting your place at Uni. My daughters in the same position. 3/4 beds are also known as a small double or it is 4ft in size. Whereas a double is 4ft 6inch and a single is 3 ft, and a king size bed is 5ft. So to recap a 3/4 bed is known as a small double and that's the size you need to look for. I would defo recommend a double duvet, but a small double fitted sheet and mattress protector, as these need to be tightly fitted, to save them sliding off, for comfort and for ease of use. I would also recommend you get two, one to put on bed and use, whilst the others in the wash!! I went shopping this weekend for my daughter and they are quite hard to come by, so I also suggest you look online. I hope this helps and good luck with your studying! :smile:
Original post by madihaimran
hi i have a 3/4 too and i know that the measure is 120x190, so what would the measurement be for a double if i was to use it on my 3/4?

This thread is 5 years old - please don't bump old threads, make a new one! :smile:

I will ask for your post and any subsequent responses to be moved out to a new thread now.

In terms of your question, normally bed linens are sold in standard sizes, if you buy a standard double bed sheet/duvet cover/etc that should suffice (you'll need to fold the sheet under the edge of the bed a bit more as it will be slightly too large in width).
Original post by artful_lounger
This thread is 5 years old - please don't bump old threads, make a new one! :smile:

I will ask for your post and any subsequent responses to be moved out to a new thread now.

In terms of your question, normally bed linens are sold in standard sizes, if you buy a standard double bed sheet/duvet cover/etc that should suffice (you'll need to fold the sheet under the edge of the bed a bit more as it will be slightly too large in width).

oh my bad idrk how this works ill make a new one

Latest

Trending

Trending