The Student Room Group

Terminology terror

Original post by Pearlio
Hi there! :smile:
For my Govt. & Pol class we need to know a lot of terminologies and be able to embed them into our essays but in the right way. I'm making concise notes for my revision and I'm not sure whether I should have the keyword then the meaning of it within my notes and a glossary at the end or I should just put the keyword within my notes and just rely on my glossary for the meaning. I don't want my notes to look too full with unnecessary words, but I also don't want to keep flicking back and forth to find the meaning. What should I do please?

Just choose. Academic writing would use the word in the text and leave you to go to the back (or front) for the glossary.

Terminology terror

Original post by Pearlio
Hi there! :smile:
For my Govt. & Pol class we need to know a lot of terminologies and be able to embed them into our essays but in the right way. I'm making concise notes for my revision and I'm not sure whether I should have the keyword then the meaning of it within my notes and a glossary at the end or I should just put the keyword within my notes and just rely on my glossary for the meaning. I don't want my notes to look too full with unnecessary words, but I also don't want to keep flicking back and forth to find the meaning. What should I do please?

Just choose. Academic writing would use the word in the text and leave you to go to the back (or front) for the glossary.
Reply 1
Original post by threeportdrift

Ok, so I should just embed the keyword and try to understand the meanings from the glossary?
Original post by Pearlio
Ok, so I should just embed the keyword and try to understand the meanings from the glossary?

That's the usual way, yes.
Reply 3
Original post by threeportdrift
That's the usual way, yes.

Ok, thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending