The Student Room Group

how many hours of driving...

Did it take you to learn to drive. And 1hr or 2hr lessons.

And after how many hours until you could drive safely
I had about 15, 1 hour lessons. I also did a lot of private practice.

Tagging @AngryJellyfish to get this moved to the Learning to drive forum. :smile:
My first lesson was 2 hours and all others were 1 hour. I had about 20-24 lessons and I was safe after about 15.
Reply 3
Original post by RoyalSheepy
I had about 15, 1 hour lessons. I also did a lot of private practice.

Tagging @AngryJellyfish to get this moved to the Learning to drive forum. :smile:

Only 15 I think I'll need at least 100.im such a bad driver
(edited 5 years ago)
Everyone's different. Go with your instructor as they'll soon tell you if you're safe or not.
I had 15-17 in 2 hour lessons. I passed too :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by tom123h456
Did it take you to learn to drive. And 1hr or 2hr lessons.

And after how many hours until you could drive safely

I had so many lessons that I lost count but that was due to bad instructors. I was already halfway ready from June but I was test ready by October and I had 1.5 hour lessons twice a week.
I had about 5 1 hour lessons, then again I drove every weekend for months as well.
Yikes! I'm on hour 19 and I'm nowhere near ready :tongue:. Slow and steady!

If its any help, my L2D blog is here in case you were wondering where I am. I'm pretty slow though....
Other people also have them so you can check those out too!

Happy driving! <3
I did about 30hrs total of lessons and no practice out of lessons since I was taking a manual exam and we had an automatic car only, I did pass somehow 1st time still :holmes: (my instructor was amazing)
I passed in 10 hours of lessons, 4 minors 😉
I had 30 hours (all 2 hour lessons). No private practice. Passed 2nd time with 2 minors.
Original post by JME1993
I had 30 hours (all 2 hour lessons). No private practice. Passed 2nd time with 2 minors.

Nice. I want to passed at around the same rate as you. Let's see how close I am to 30 hours
Reply 13
It all depends on the individual.

I did 1 hr lessons, don't know how many in total, because your concentration wanes after time. This means you become less safe but also you're learning's less efficient, do it takes you longer to learn the same amount.

I found the most beneficial thing is to drive with supervision in-between lessons as much as possible. Driving short routes regularly rather than long drives is much more reflective of what you're likely to be doing straight after your test.

Took me about 6months of weekly-fortnightly lessons to pass my test but most of the confidence building comes once you have your liscense and are driving on your own.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending