The Student Room Group

How do i get insomnia ?

I feel i need to get insomnia for this whole month just so i can complete my revision, lately i been trying to pull of an all nighter but i keep sleeping after 2am. i find myself to concentrate really well during the times 9pm and above but like after 1am i tend to sleep. I do pastpapers that have time limits of like 2hours or more so thats like 1 paper plus marking time and then just about to another paper but not getting to complete marking it.
If your advice is to not get insomnia because its bad for you ya de ya de yaaaa whatever then please dont answer.
Just need ways to keep myself awake, coffee has not worked for me dont know why , redbull is fine sometimes but like when the effect wears off then i sleep for like 11hours i something crazy like that.
Original post by Anonymous
I feel i need to get insomnia for this whole month just so i can complete my revision, lately i been trying to pull of an all nighter but i keep sleeping after 2am. i find myself to concentrate really well during the times 9pm and above but like after 1am i tend to sleep. I do pastpapers that have time limits of like 2hours or more so thats like 1 paper plus marking time and then just about to another paper but not getting to complete marking it.
If your advice is to not get insomnia because its bad for you ya de ya de yaaaa whatever then please dont answer.
Just need ways to keep myself awake, coffee has not worked for me dont know why , redbull is fine sometimes but like when the effect wears off then i sleep for like 11hours i something crazy like that.

If you have insomnia you still feel tired, so you won't be able to properly focus etc anyways. Will make you perform worse in exams as well.
Reply 2
If your advice is to not get insomnia because its bad for you ya de ya de yaaaa whatever then please dont answer

Sleep is a good thing. No question, you would do better if you slept enough every night rather than revising during that time.
It's not something you can force. It's a sleep disorder, one that wrecks havoc with people's health and concentration. It's a real struggle for the people who live with it.

Sleep is important and without it your performance is actually more likely to suffer than improve. Being well-rested is really very important when trying to solve problems and retain information.

I've actually found a great trick is studying right before bed, and then testing yourself on the content over breakfast the next morning. My recall is always amazing when I do this.
Reply 4
Original post by Bill Nye
If you have insomnia you still feel tired, so you won't be able to properly focus etc anyways. Will make you perform worse in exams as well.

oh i thought that insomnia is when you dont feel like sleeping through the night, didn't know it makes you tired as well, you can see i never had it. Learnt something new today then. Are there any ways to keep yourself awake or how would i re-schedule my time, i just cant concentrate throughout the day.
Insomnia will make it harder to achieve what you want. Not easier
oh i thought that insomnia is when you dont feel like sleeping through the night, didn't know it makes you tired as well, you can see i never had it. Learnt something new today then. Are there any ways to keep yourself awake or how would i re-schedule my time, i just cant concentrate throughout the day.

It is easier to learn to concentrate in the day rather than stay up all night.
Insomnia is horrible, trust me, you do not want it.
Do you know what insomnia is like? It's not a magic spell that makes you awake for 10 days with no need, desire or benefits from sleep. When you are having an episode of insomnia, you still feel the need to sleep i.e. your body is tired and your eyes want to shut but your brain wont stop making noise, just because insomniacs don't sleep doesn't mean they don't want to. It's deffo not good for revision... but if you insist then you might be able to get it from drinking loads of diet coke which has Aspartame in it, linked with insonia.
WTF...a truly monstrous combination.
im pretty sure it says something along the lines dont consume more than one can. jeez you absolute beast
My gawd 4 cans!!!! lol your profile pic suits you then lmao
Insomnia is not a good thing trust me sleep is important for your all around health.
lmao. LMFAO.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending