The Student Room Group

16 year old girl raped and burned alive in India

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-44016176

A 16 year old girl was reportedly raped and later burned alive after her parents complained that she was raped.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by akbar0123

A 16 year old girl was reportedly raped and later burned alive after her parents complained that she was raped.

i'm legit shaking.
100 sit-ups? I could do 5 sets of them.. 😶
There's a lot that goes on India that is absolutely disgusting. Especially the rapes. Spoke to someone who said, 'Doesn't matter if you were forced into the sex, the girl will be blamed and accused.' Seems like the rapists think they should still be able to get away with it. No humanity in some people.
Reply 4
How appalling. Makes me shudder to think we share this world with such animals
Reply 5
Original post by akbar0123

I think hanging them, if the case is clear cut, is an excellent solution. Violent rape is so far outside of the social contract that there really isn't any coming back from it. The consequences fall short of murder, but unlike murder there aren't even any ****ed up justifications for it. If someone can grab somebody off the street and rape them, there simply isn't a single reason why we should keep them around.

Short of hanging, then life in prison without parole.
What is actually wrong with people?
Original post by Çharmander
100 sit-ups? I could do 5 sets of them.. 😶

Yeah, but they had to do 100 sit-ups in one go.

You'd probably do 5 sit ups for 20 sets with a 20 minute cake break in between each set. :rofl:.

But what they did is sickening.
Such a young age, potential ahead of her and people just go and take an innocent life thinking they have the right. Absolutely disgusting and disgraceful, my thoughts to her and her family.
Original post by Samanthaplague
What is actually wrong with people?

they barely evolved from our latest common ancestor with chimp.
Crucifixion for rapists when?
Ughh May Allah destroy these people...
The authorities seem way to complacent
Well it's India, what do you expect?
Reply 13
"Police said the elders had ordered the accused rapists to do 100 sit-ups and pay a 50,000 rupee (£550; $750) fine as punishment"

um... wtf?
Original post by RockyDennis
Well it's India, what do you expect? It's just a farcical third world dump like the rest of them.

When you have a country as over populated as India(more people than all other continents besides asia) the best way to enforce law is to have an authoritarian government like China.
Original post by Allie4
"Police said the elders had ordered the accused rapists to do 100 sit-ups and pay a 50,000 rupee (£550; $750) fine as punishment"

um... wtf?

100 situps? Atleast make it a challenge - 100 pull ups is better.
Reply 16
Original post by Gkaizerking
100 situps? Atleast make it a challenge - 100 pull ups is better.

What exactly is the point of that 'punishment'. Does it give them less rapey feels or something if they do sit ups?
This is sickening.

This may sound like a stupid question given she was burned alive, but did she survive? Like is she alive now? The article isn’t clear about whether she survived the ordeal.
It's her fault she made the grave mistake of being born a woman and not a cow in india

ARE THEY ****ING JOKING?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending