The Student Room Group

What do i do about the boyfriend

So I have a boyfriend, we started off as friends and then i kinda had a crush on him and sensed that he did to and then he had a move on me and you kinda get the picture. Anyway turns out im not actually 100% sure i like him as anything more than a friend, like we were great before, now he doesn't try to meet up with me or speak to me much and tbh hes kind of annoying me, i feel like im making all the effort and yet hes the one supposedly in love with me. But i still really like him as a friend and he dont wanna hurt his feelings and he also consistently tells me he doesnt know what he would do without out me as he feels like he has no one, he also is majorly depressed and has attempted suicide in the past.

I feel like a really bad human and like im leading him on but im not sure how to get out of it and wtf to do. Like i still kinda like him in that way but also kinda dont.

On a side note which is kinda irrelevant i also keep having dreams of ****ing girls (im also a girl) and have a major crush on zendaya. I kinda wanna explore this as a thing cos who knows. plus im going to uni (fingers crossed) next year and he isnt so it would be long distance but he wants to try

Oh and he keeps telling me hes thinking bout our future together pls pls pls help. i dont think he would forgive me if i broke up with him.
Reply 1
You don't need his forgiveness anyway, you just want the relationship to end.

Breaking up now will be easier than when he asks you to move in with him/marry him, etc...

At the moment it's just him in this relationship, not you. Meet up with him and tell him you need to talk. You've got to be honest and say that you don't think this relationship will work out. In all honesty, I don't see this ending in the way you want. He's likely to resent you and will refuse to stay just "friends".

Whatever you do, do not break up over text or phone call.
Reply 2
Keep him ffss
Reply 3
Original post by UWS
You don't need his forgiveness anyway, you just want the relationship to end.

Breaking up now will be easier than when he asks you to move in with him/marry him, etc...

At the moment it's just him in this relationship, not you. Meet up with him and tell him you need to talk. You've got to be honest and say that you don't think this relationship will work out. In all honesty, I don't see this ending in the way you want. He's likely to resent you and will refuse to stay just "friends".

Whatever you do, do not break up over text or phone call.

FML I really wanna stay friends and im ****ing terrified hes gonna kill himself
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

A friend of mine had a suicidal ex. He had to break up with her with her parents present just in case she tried to kill herself. Something you could try though I've no experience in dealing with someone like that myself I'm afraid.
Reply 5
Original post by Dr. Savage
So the first couple of lines illustrates you don't like him at all and are only playing with his emotions
The end highlighted line is you basically saying "I think I like girls so I'm going to go to uni to see if I like to have sex with them and it's not a problem because my boyfriend isn't around to know"

Leave him because he deserves better than you

Thanks for all the support and that is not what i was saying at all, i was mentioning the fact that the relationship would be long distance and i want a uni life, i would never in a million years cheat on him.

Who are you to judge me. Just because i might not be in love with the guy doesnt mean i dont care about him. He may deserve someone better than me but who in there life hasnt made at least one mistake. NOT YOUR PLACE TO TELL ME THIS
Reply 6
Original post by UWS
A friend of mine had a suicidal ex. He had to break up with her with her parents present just in case she tried to kill herself. Something you could try though I've no experience in dealing with someone like that myself I'm afraid.

Thanks, thats actually a fair good shout
Reply 7
Original post by hbdbd
Keep him ffss

Okay.... why?
Leading him on much??? ***** please break up with him already no one needs that kinda crap
Reply 9
Leading him on much??? ***** please break up with him already no one needs that kinda crap

I mean i get you and all but harsh much...

You need to end it, it is not fair to lead him on, let him go so he can find someone else.

Quick Reply

Latest