The Student Room Group

Which poem will come this year in English lit aqa anthology

Heyyy, so my gcse English lit is v soon!!!
So all our teachers at school are saying apparently ‘London’ will come up this year by William Blake... what are your thoughts on this? Do you think it’s true? Have you heard anything about this?

Scroll to see replies

i thought my last duchess might come as its a power poem
Original post by Crxssend
Heyyy, so my gcse English lit is v soon!!!
So all our teachers at school are saying apparently ‘London’ will come up this year by William Blake... what are your thoughts on this? Do you think it’s true? Have you heard anything about this?

:cry: my teachers haven’t predicted anything though I saw a thread on here a few weeks ago with quite a few guesses...:dontknow:
Reply 3
Original post by Toastiekid
:cry: my teachers haven’t predicted anything though I saw a thread on here a few weeks ago with quite a few guesses...:dontknow:

Do you think it’ll be London?
My teacher randomly went back through London last week. I think he thinks it will be as well.
Reply 5
Original post by Goldfish4343
My teacher randomly went back through London last week. I think he thinks it will be as well.

Thanks! I really hope soooo
Do you think it’ll be London?

Why do you think it’ll be London?
I mean I’ll still go through all of them but I suppose it’s not come up on the spec papers or last year/nov series papers
Reply 7
Why do you think it’ll be London?
I mean I’ll still go through all of them but I suppose it’s not come up on the spec papers or last year/nov series papers

There’s this YouTube channel and the guy is called mrbruff and last year he predicted the poem the day before so keep checking his page! And idk last year my teachers predicted what was to come up on the paper and the year before and they got it all right - this year they are saying it’ll be london so I’m gonna analysis it carefully
There’s this YouTube channel and the guy is called mrbruff and last year he predicted the poem the day before so keep checking his page! And idk last year my teachers predicted what was to come up on the paper and the year before and they got it all right - this year they are saying it’ll be london so I’m gonna analysis it carefully

I swear mr bruff said he’s not predicting them anymore?...I’m sure he had a video on it.
That’s so great of your teachers, mine don’t bother:yawn:
Which poem would you compare London to?
I swear mr bruff said he’s not predicting them anymore?...I’m sure he had a video on it.

maybe remains, to show the long term effects of conflict and the negative emotions in the poems
Reply 10

No way did he say that wtfff! I need him to predict this years😩😩😩 I would compare London to checking out mr history with the power of humans and inequality... or with exposure through the concept of loss and absence
Original post by leanoreay
maybe remains, to show the long term effects of conflict and the negative emotions in the poems

good idea:thumbsup:
just prays it’s not tissue:wink:
No way did he say that wtfff! I need him to predict this years😩😩😩 I would compare London to checking out mr history with the power of humans and inequality... or with exposure through the concept of loss and absence

:hugs: it’ll be alright
On this website (https://www.carshaltonboys.org/_site/data/files/files/curriculum/year%2011%20revision/english/lit/D95D01402AE3773102A227025C60DDA1.pdf) they compare London with storm on the island for the theme of power!

i swear if it is tissue.... all of my year will fail without a doubt, we never actually looked at it in class
Reply 14
:hugs: it’ll be alright
On this website (https://www.carshaltonboys.org/_site/data/files/files/curriculum/year%2011%20revision/english/lit/D95D01402AE3773102A227025C60DDA1.pdf) they compare London with storm on the island for the theme of power!

Oo that’s a shout thanks! I have this really helpful photo; it’s like a kind of checklist which helps me a lot
i swear if it is tissue.... all of my year will fail without a doubt, we never actually looked at it in class

my English teacher was like we don’t have enough time pick one language and one structural technique then we’ll move on:rip:
Oo that’s a shout thanks! I have this really helpful photo; it’s like a kind of checklist which helps me a lot

ooh that’s cool, is it the front of the cgp textbook? It’s got quite a good comparison grid (which is also on the conflict poetry guide on here if you’ve not got it)
Reply 17
my English teacher was like we don’t have enough time pick one language and one structural technique then we’ll move on:rip:

Oh *****tt tell them to pattern up!
Reply 18

ALIE! It better be something easy😩😩😩
Reply 19

With you on that one!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending