The Student Room Group

Presentation without Powerpoint

I have a Presentation to do for Friday. It's just me on my own in front of two lecturers. I have been allowed to do it without Powerpoint slides.
I know my subject but am not sure how much to write. It's a ten minute presentation with a further ten minutes for questions.
Haven't done one before as I have reasonable adjustments but am doing it to get it out of the way as I am in my final year.
I would appreciate any hints you lovely lot can give me.
Hiya Seams. What exactly are you asking for help with..? Constructing a PPt, or whether you should do one or not?
Reply 2
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Hiya Seams. What exactly are you asking for help with..? Constructing a PPt, or whether you should do one or not?

I have been allowed to do my presentation without a powerpoint by the university and just to present to two of my lecturers as part of my reasonable adjustments.
I'm not sure how much to write. I have to provide the lecturers with a hard copy. Do I have to know what I write by heart or can I read from my notes?
Reply 3
You can read it, no bother. Just make sure to look up and make eye contact around the room (might seem odd if there are only two people there, but it is something that is looked for in grading). 1500 words tops should do for ten mins if you take it relatively easily. I did a 40 min lecture last year on what was about 5000 words (plus some ad lib).

We make our mark schemes available to the students so they know what they should put into a presentation for good marks - does your place do that?
Reply 4
Thanks both of you. So, I just give the lecturers the outline of the talk and keep my own script to expand on it? I know my content OK - just wasn't too sure how to go about it.
We have the grading scheme available to us, thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending