The Student Room Group

Ramadan is nearly here!

Are you ready!
My exams are during that time

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Khadija.R123
Are you ready!

Yeah it will be for everyone in England, and most people in the rest of the UK.
No I don't think I am.
Reply 3
Can’t wait for everyone to judge me while I’m eating/drinking, I love the looks I get like… what about me apart from my skin colour even makes you think I would be religious? This ‘Muslim’ girl I know drinks alcohol and eats pepperoni then had the nerve to call me out for drinking water during Ramadan? Lmao
great for losing weight , helped me alot last year
I’m really not ready- I have to eat every few hours otherwise I am starving (in fact I’m eating a packet of crisps right now) and I constantly feel thirsty. my stomach is like an endless pit- I’m going to struggle this Ramadan 😭😭😬
it's going to be tough whilst gcse however it's more blessed and may help us destress insh'allah! can't wait
Original post by Khadija.R123
Are you ready!

Same, and yes I'm really looking forward to it, gives us a chance to develop spiritually (as well as health.)
Really looking forward to Ramadan bc it’s such a lovely time of year alhamdellah
And it’s so personal for each individual
Early Ramadan Mubarak famalam xx
And good luck to those fasting especially if you have exams. Im a Muslim myself and I know how tough it can be to fast during a stressful period.
Original post by nishathjk
it's going to be tough whilst gcse however it's more blessed and may help us destress insh'allah! can't wait

Will you be fasting on exams?
Original post by MissCarter786
Early Ramadan Mubarak famalam xx

Ramadan Mubarak girl xx
Original post by MissCarter786
Will you be fasting on exams?

yep!
Original post by marzipan1030
I’m really not ready- I have to eat every few hours otherwise I am starving (in fact I’m eating a packet of crisps right now) and I constantly feel thirsty. my stomach is like an endless pit- I’m going to struggle this Ramadan 😭😭😬

Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
it's the individuals choice, no-one forces them to starve of food and water, and for those who do fast they don't see it as 'starving' their body, they see it from more of a religious perspective.

We are fulfilled with prayers and remembering Allah.
Original post by ahlaladolly
Ramadan Mubarak girl xx

Shukran habibti x
Original post by L S
Have fun starving yourself.

Fasting has many health benefits aswell (many non-Muslims fast). It's controlled, it's not about starving yourself, it's about self control.
Thankfully, I don't have AS levels this year! But do have mocks for UCAS predicted grades, so inshahallah i will be fasting, Ramadan is my favourite time of the year !
Reply 18
How long do you fast for?
Not ready coz:
1. My revision schedule is gonna get hurt a bit. I don't know how to revise, what do you think? I was thinking of revising till sehri (around half 3) and then sleep after fajr. Wake up for school and try to sleep when i come back till around half 6? I fasted long ago and that's what i did and it seemed good. Except I'd only be getting 5 hours of sleep...
2. MY STOMACH KEEP GRUMBLING even when I'm not hungry :facepalm: my alevel exams are about 2 hour long and if my stomach grumbles it'll distract me :colonhash: any advise for that? It's not even that I hungry tbh, it just happens.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending