The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't think you want to be in North Korea unless you are one of the political elites
Original post by SuperHuman98
I don't think you want to be in North Korea unless you are one of the political elites

I mean South Korea
Why do you hate being Somali?
Original post by DrXavier
Why do you hate being Somali?

Probably because ppl think we are ugly and no one likes us
here is a Korean themed meme
Reply 6
this is such a toxic mentality to have honestly s.korea is no different from any ither country in terms of the negatives. statements like this are really naïve
You’re moving like a koreaboo. You’re romanticising Korea too much
Reply 8
Hey OP could you fill this out real quick

bare insecure somali girls on this site and its upsetting g
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Rainfall
bare insecure somali girls on this site

I can get a bit from OP tho. I mean I'm Vietnam and I actually prefer British culture than ours.
Original post by SwagNam
I can get a bit from OP tho. I mean I'm Vietnam and I actually prefer British culture than ours.

hating your ethnicity is a complete different thing tbh.
hating your ethnicity is a complete different thing tbh.

I used to hate my own country when I first came to UK tho. Later on I know it's mainly because the current political state of my country. So the same can be applied to OP's situation.
Original post by SwagNam
I used to hate my own country when I first came to UK tho. Later on I know it's mainly because the current political state of my country. So the same can be applied to OP's situation.

for her its cos people think we're ugly and no one likes us. i dont like the political state of somalia either but i dont hate being somali... i just wouldnt ever live there
for her its cos people think we're ugly and no one likes us. i dont like the political state of somalia either but i dont hate being somali... i just wouldnt ever live there

I... uh.... ****... not sure I can help her.
You don't have to identify with your culture or as a somali girl. You can choose what you identify as/ what makes you you. Why don't you try embracing korean culture? try learning their language, customs and maybe even consider immigrating there when you're able to do so?
It's sad it's come to people hating their culture, don't hate what you are, accept it.
Seeing this as a somali girl is really upsetting...why be so insecure about your cultural background? Not all koreans are attractive, that is the same with every other ethnicity. There are a large number of somalis who are attractive! Our facial features are unique in Africa! There's nothing unappealing about us all. Not wanting to live in Somalia/Somaliland is completely fine, but wanting to change your entire race? That's really saddening. You could go to Korea and live there but some people's ignorance towards blacks is really disgusting, some harbour hate towards those who are of a darker colour. Embrace who you are!
That's really not true. I'm a Korean girl, and yes, I am proud. You should be proud of yourself, too. Don't compare yourself to other cultures. Different cultures do not mean that one is better than the other.
] I heard plastic surgery is quite popular in S Korea also...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending