The Student Room Group

Urgent help pleaseee need to know for tomz

I want to go into the medicine or law sectors when older in y9 I am doing maths , English , triple science ,Spanish,history art

I have to pick an additional subject for y10

Either : OCR level 1-2 enterprise and marketing (business)

Cambridge National level 1-2 information technologies (ICT)

Btec health and social care

I am really confused on which to pick and which not does anyone have any ideas or suggestions.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sara.sr
I want to go into the medicine or law sectors when older in y9 I am doing maths , English , triple science ,Spanish,history art

I am really confused on which to pick and which not does anyone have any ideas or suggestions.

Not going to make any difference. Do the one that interests you and you can get the best grade out of.
Original post by Sara.sr

Why do you need to know for tomorrow it's a bank holiday
Reply 3
Original post by Cat476
Why do you need to know for tomorrow it's a bank holiday

Well i mean for Tuesday
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Not going to make any difference. Do the one that interests you and you can get the best grade out of.

The thing is they all interest me which one would be easier

Well I am interested in all 😂it such a difficult choice have u done any or have any info on any which is easier which is more demanding ect ...
Reply 5
Original post by Sara.sr

Pick the one you prefer. It will make no difference to your university application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Doonesbury
Pick the one you prefer. It will make no difference to your university application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which one would be the most easiest and useful ?
Reply 7
Original post by Sara.sr
Which one would be the most easiest and useful ?

The one that interests you the most.
Reply 8
Original post by Doonesbury
The one that interests you the most.

Welll the alll do .which one have u done ?
I am
Thinking ict or health
Lol it’s a levels they look at for subjects not GCSEs
Original post by Sara.sr

Gcse options dont mean anytbing, just do well in biology, chemistry and maths and you will be good.
Reply 11

Which one is the easier? Even tho all gcse are hard . Which one would u recommend?
Reply 12
Original post by YD17HXM
Gcse options dont mean anytbing, just do well in biology, chemistry and maths and you will be good.

Thanks but which one would you recommend

Would ict be good as it a useful life skill
Or business
I would probably go for Health and Social Care
Reply 14
Original post by Katieb1232002
I would probably go for Health and Social Care

I have heard it has a lot of coursework and a lot of people are discouraging it and saying it won’t really help to get in medicine
Original post by Sara.sr
I have heard it has a lot of coursework and a lot of people are discouraging it and saying it won’t really help to get in medicine

It is relevant though. Business or something like that won’t matter. As someone said earlier it doesn’t matter as long as you get maths and sciences. It teaches about people and life which is an important skill for a doctor
Original post by Sara.sr

Everyone is telling you it doesn't matter what you pick 😂 just pick the one that you might enjoy the most or pick the one that has your friends in that class. All you need are good grades in GCSEs nobody really cares about what you take.
Original post by Sara.sr
Thanks but which one would you recommend

Would ict be good as it a useful life skill
Or business

i did business, im on tbe old spec, i find it to be good as a subject, just do what you will enjoy tbh
Reply 18
It is relevant though. Business or something like that won’t matter. As someone said earlier it doesn’t matter as long as you get maths and sciences. It teaches about people and life which is an important skill for a doctor

I am thinking ict
Reply 19

Yes it true it won’t matter.

Quick Reply

Latest