The Student Room Group

Do you need to revise for RE

Can't you just memorise quotes and waffle on them as done that in my mocks and achieved a grade 7?

Scroll to see replies

yeah tbh I just learned a few quotes and core teachings then ********ted my way to an a*
Reply 2
i write quotes and try to explain them only to get a grade 3... what am i doing wrong
Original post by aesthete1
yeah tbh I just learned a few quotes and core teachings then ********ted my way to an a*

have you done your GCSE's? Did you do AQA?
Original post by oven2
i write quotes and try to explain them only to get a grade 3... what am i doing wrong

you need to waffle a bit more :h: maybe try linking back or improve your structure
Original post by oven2

Best thing to do its to use the quotes to back up your answer. For example, if I was arguing against abortion, I would make the point that life is sacrosanct and we are God's creation, "made in the image of God" Genesis 1 :27.

I did GCSE RE and I'm doing A level RE now so if you need any quotes or help, just message me and I'll get you sorted
Reply 6
You don't have to revise just pray a lot and get top marks.
Original post by emilysandres
have you done your GCSE's? Did you do AQA?

took my gcses a couple of years ago so it was on the old spec but my brother is taking it now and it doesn't seem to have changed too much in terms of the skills required and style of question. I think I was OCR but just in general as long as you learn to structure your answers well and practice writing them under time pressures I think re is pretty easy to do well at by just learning the core content then applying it to whatever questions come up
Original post by karen193
Best thing to do its to use the quotes to back up your answer. For example, if I was arguing against abortion, I would make the point that life is sacrosanct and we are God's creation, "made in the image of God" Genesis 1 :27.

I did GCSE RE and I'm doing A level RE now so if you need any quotes or help, just message me and I'll get you sorted

I'm doing GCSE RE, could you help me?
Yeah basically if you just use your common sense like 'some Christians believe abortion is wrong, some believe it's okay in the situation of rape or harm to mothers health and some people believe it is the mothers right to decide etc' and then just use quotes to back your answer, you'll get an A* easily.

By far the easiest GCSE
I didn't revise and missed the A* by one mark so I'd strongly advise you to revise properly.
Original post by Kangaroo17
I'm doing GCSE RE, could you help me?

Certainly
Original post by karen193

I'm fine with religion side, what about ethics, like human rights, abortion, etc
Original post by Iahmed512
I'm fine with religion side, what about ethics, like human rights, abortion, etc

Then I would look to people from other views. I'm studying human rights myself so I might have some stuff but it tends to be in a lot of depth.

My tip for evaluating between religious views and nonreligious views would be to state a point like do not kill but flip it to say actually, Christians should have compassion for others, therefore they should accept euthanasia and so on. That way you're covering both sides of argument
Nope! I just cheated :smile:
Original post by aesthete1

same here but my spec was easier back in the day

Original post by Squishy Pixelz
Nope! I just cheated :smile:

how did you do it :holmes:
I did that.

If you're quite opinionated and are articulate in expressing your opinion, then you'll do well. Being able to put yourself in someone else's shoes is also extremely helpful.
Original post by ForestShadow
how did you do it :holmes:

I put the bullet points for parable stories in my slip on shoes. Then put quotes in my bra and the collar of my blouse, because who is gonna check there?
Original post by Squishy Pixelz
I put the bullet points for parable stories in my slip on shoes. Then put quotes in my bra and the collar of my blouse, because who is gonna check there?

did you do that for other exams too? that is pretty clever :lol:
Original post by ForestShadow
did you do that for other exams too? that is pretty clever :lol:

No because RE was the only one I was failing . I still failed it but only because I didn’t revise for any of my exams. Got Cs in everything else

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending