The Student Room Group

poetry comparison essay

So my exams start a week today and I'm currently trying to answer example essay questions (the one I am doing right now is "Neither seems to have much faith" In light of this view, explore connections between the ways in which Duffy and Larkin write about religion) but I have two issues. My first issue is that my exam is only 2 hours in total and its taken me 4 to write this essay... I dont understand how I am supposed to write an 80 mark essay in such a short amount of time. My second issue is that I have no idea how to write a poetry comparison conclusion. Please help!
Original post by Bella13289
So my exams start a week today and I'm currently trying to answer example essay questions (the one I am doing right now is "Neither seems to have much faith" In light of this view, explore connections between the ways in which Duffy and Larkin write about religion) but I have two issues. My first issue is that my exam is only 2 hours in total and its taken me 4 to write this essay... I dont understand how I am supposed to write an 80 mark essay in such a short amount of time. My second issue is that I have no idea how to write a poetry comparison conclusion. Please help!

Wait what is that a level English
Reply 2
Original post by fentydrug
Wait what is that a level English

yes , its a level english lit. x
yes , its a level english lit. x

OMG how can they give an 80 marker a whole ass 80 marks uno
Reply 4
OMG how can they give an 80 marker a whole ass 80 marks uno

I dont have a clue and I have no clue how Im supposed to write or think that fast but from what Ive heard theres a couple 8 markers, a 25 marker and an 80 marker x
I dont have a clue and I have no clue how Im supposed to write or think that fast but from what Ive heard theres a couple 8 markers, a 25 marker and an 80 marker x

Are you struggling with English lit is it hard bc I wanna take it as a level
Reply 6
Are you struggling with English lit is it hard bc I wanna take it as a level

the content isnt hard I mean the chosen books are boring but mostly its just writing technique and timing. I mean like every subject its very different to gcse and a lot harder but it will be easier for u bc its a new spec this year in everything so none of my teachers have a clue what theyre doin yet but they will next year and I think theyre struggling in english lit bc this is the first year we havent been able to take our books with our notes in with us (bc people cheated the last few years) so we have to memorize a novel a play two poetry books the author/poets past and context and all the critics views which they havent had to in the past bc they were allowed their notes x

Quick Reply

Latest