The Student Room Group

I hate my "friends" more and more everyday...

I'll start off by saying that I don't really have any choice if I want to be friends with these people. I am in the same form as them at school and have to spend hours with them every day. Sometimes they can be great, fun people but the majority of the time they can be horrible and immature. This probably comes down to my nature as I am a LOT more mature than they are and although this will make me sound even more snobbish, which I believe I am not, I think I am a lot smarter than them. I've known them all for 5 years at least now and I just dislike them, even more, each day. The other day we were at one of their houses and we were watching something called "Friday Night Dinner". It's some British comedy that I despise. It's terribly unfunny and while they laughed throughout the whole thing I didn't peep once. I've always known I'm more mature than them because it's probably in my genes, I'm not sure? Haha. (This is probably unrelated but I've had a growing beard for nearly 2 years now while they are all still as smooth as a baby's bottom). I'm just rambling on now but it just really annoys me how they find things so funny but in actual fact, they are not. They even find it funny to photoshop me and my family into immature pictures. I don't know where this is going but I feel like I just had to get it out there. Luckily, I'll be moving away at the end of the year to go to college and I'll rarely see them so I guess that's a good thing to look forward too.
Just look at this CBA and weight it up overall, are the great fun times more than the horrible and immature times or is it the other way round?

Awe bless you & your **** beard xoxo
Reply 3
Original post by Reeeeyah
Awe bless you & your **** beard xoxo

Thanks, I guess...
Reply 4
Original post by ForestShadow
Just look at this CBA and weight it up overall, are the great fun times more than the horrible and immature times or is it the other way round?

Probably the other way around to be honest.
Original post by redblackwhite
Probably the other way around to be honest.

well the way it works is the heavier side of benefits or costs wins cos theres more of that stuff - its kinda logical after ppl give it a good thought :holmes:

I mean if the bad side is heavier looks like its time to gradually distance yourself and make the occasional excuse to slip out of meeting up etc .. :ninja:
So distance yourself from them. I know they’re at school but you can still distance yourself. If you’re invited over to one of their houses, say ‘sorry I’m not free’ or something like that. Spend some lunchtimes away from them to revise/read/whatever. You don’t have to spend time with these people if you don’t like them; in fact it can be a dangerous thing to do as their immature ways may start to rub off on you. Once you’re at college, you’ll most likely lose contact with them, as not many people stay in touch with their secondary school friends, especially secondary school friends they never liked.
Reply 7
Original post by Abcdefghijk123
So distance yourself from them. I know they’re at school but you can still distance yourself. If you’re invited over to one of their houses, say ‘sorry I’m not free’ or something like that. Spend some lunchtimes away from them to revise/read/whatever. You don’t have to spend time with these people if you don’t like them; in fact it can be a dangerous thing to do as their immature ways may start to rub off on you. Once you’re at college, you’ll most likely lose contact with them, as not many people stay in touch with their secondary school friends, especially secondary school friends they never liked.

Thanks for the help. I tend to go to revision sessions at lunch but they usually end up there and distract me. Also, if I were to walk around and do things alone they'd probably take the piss which is very annoying. I'll see what I can do though. I guess I only have to put up with this for a month and a bit more. Thanks again.
Reply 8
Unfortunatly it’s just part of life! We all have to deal with and be civil to people we don’t like. Consider it training for the coworkers you’ll despise but have no choice in working with. Make to spend your own time with people worth it.
Reply 9
Original post by cat_mac
Unfortunatly it’s just part of life! We all have to deal with and be civil to people we don’t like. Consider it training for the coworkers you’ll despise but have no choice in working with. Make to spend your own time with people worth it.

Yeah. I think I'm just getting overwhelmed with seeing people I follow online living the dream with great friends and not believing that will happen to me. Thanks for the help though.
Whether you've started growing a beard or not has nothing to do with maturity
Not finding a TV program funny has nothing to do with maturity
Being "clever" has nothing to do with maturity

Even if you think you're mature, you're probably not, You're still at school.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending