The Student Room Group

Biology Unit-3b

Can anyone help me on how to identify the implications eg: social, ethical implications etc. It would help a lot please. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Gilgamesh11
Can anyone help me on how to identify the implications eg: social, ethical implications etc. It would help a lot please. :smile:

social is effect on society
ethical is effect on specimen
there are two more economic and environmental just google all the implications for definition.
By the way do you know where i can find the IAL biology specification for june 2018 exam.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Ag107
social is effect on society
ethical is effect on specimen
there are two more economic and environmental just google all the implications for definition.
By the way do you know where i can find the IAL biology specification for june 2018 exam.

It's on the edexcel website. Just type up on google edexcel specification biology and it will give you options, remember the syllabus is last years from 2017 and not 2018
Can anyone tell me the answers for the two calculations for the biology unit 3 edexcel exam which was today I got for the first one was 1.24 and the other one was 300 somethingAnd what was the control variable on the second page of the exam?Thank you
Reply 4
I think it was pH
Reply 5
Your answer matches with mine. I think it's correct
Reply 6
Original post by Khalid123421
Can anyone tell me the answers for the two calculations for the biology unit 3 edexcel exam which was today I got for the first one was 1.24 and the other one was 300 somethingAnd what was the control variable on the second page of the exam?Thank you
and the controlled variable should be concentration and volume of cellulase
Reply 7
Original post by Gilgamesh11
and the controlled variable should be concentration and volume of cellulase

actually in the question they mentioned different masses of cellulose were mixed with distilled water to make 100 cm3, you could have mentioned pH or maybe sources of cellulose i guess
Reply 8

your answer for the first calculation of 1.24 was correct but the second one, the experiments were repeated twice, so the answer was 773.76, could have mentioned pH since that affects enzyme reaction, and to control use buffer solution
Reply 9
hello everyone here is a mark scheme i put together, however i am afraid its incomplete, please check and post the remaining answers.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Ag107
hello everyone here is a mark scheme i put together, however i am afraid its incomplete, please check and post the remaining answers.

It doesn’t work send another one please
Reply 11
It doesn’t work send another one please

here is the PDF version

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending